On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Well, fun! Thank you, Terri and good job for the medley of questions today. 

1. What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?

Right now, an amazing adventure for me would be to take the Royal Canadian Train Trip across Canada. We have wanted to do that for so long and we love train trips. 

2. Name five songs that you have completely memorized?

Ha! Really??? The other day DH had the TV on My Fair Lady and I was able to remember all the words to On the Street Where You Live! I love that song and most of the songs we sang in Glee Club I still remember: You'll Never Walk Alone, Que Sera Sera, Edelweiss, Do-Re-Mi, and, of course, songs of faith, Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, At Calvary, Jesus Loves Me, Nothing But the Blood.

3. What takes up too much of your time?

Facebook maybe. Blogging? Also I am caught up in a historical fiction right now and finding it hard to break away.

4. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?

Hmmmm. I refuse to watch shows led by or starring celebrities who have been so hateful toward our government, leadership, or mock our faith. 

5. What’s worth spending more on to get the best?

Food, clothes or shoes which I wear forever!

6. Tell us something random you want us to know about your week...

It's another busy week with appointments and I'm hoping we make it to see the new Unbroken movie this week. Looks like Thursday will be a time we can do that. And I'm looking forward to our concert series beginning on Saturday night, and dinner with friends. Yesterday after a full day, we drove over to see Kate's team play softball. They played very well and Kate had a good hit! So proud of our grandkids.

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh my goodness … we must have been in the same glee club! (*smile*) My BF and I had the most absurd crush on our science teacher. Learning where he lived, we'd walk by Mr. Baldwin's house singing, "On the street where you live."
I totally agree with your response to #4. (Wish I'd thought of that!)

Visits With Mary said...

The train trip sounds marvelous, hope that happens for you someday!!

Cathy said...

I know many of the songs you listed. Hope you make it to see your movie. What book are you reading. I'm always looking for new books.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Good stuff here. I didn't know about this little Wednesday meme. All interesting answers. Love the songs, and I agree with so much of what you said...Thank you for sharing.

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining in!! I enjoyed reading your answers and hope all the appointments go well for you both!

Chatty Crone said...

That rain trio sounds wonderful.
I think the only songs I know the words are are Christian songs.
Haha we all spend too much time on blogging.
I don't like movies with swear words of God's name in vain.
I want to see that movie too - let me know if it is good.
Love, sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are great songs. For me right now would be reading blogs and I'm finding no time to even write blogs, along with spending time on Facebook and TV. Speaking of appointments this week today will be my fifth one this week!! Have fun at the concert and dinner with your friends.