On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, August 13, 2018

Rain!!!! A Birthday Celebration and Meeting a Very Special Blogger

The weekend was full of surprises! Little twists and unexpected turns. Learning to go with the flow and simply enjoy!

Rain!!! We had rain for the past few days and what wonderful rain it has been. The pouring rain … the soaking rain ... the sprinkling rain. Our dog, Annie, is really very well trained and housebroken. She also is stubborn!

I'll go out when I'm good and ready.
And she did!

So thankful the rain came AFTER we got this taken care of. On Thursday our friends Alice and Fred came over around noon with the purpose being to load up and take DH's Piaggio motorbike to the shop for service and assess the damages. The motorbike is a long story, as are most of our problems adventures, and we are trying to figure out what to do with it and how to get rid of sell it. (To be continued)


The third and LAST of the motorcycles at our house!

On Friday morning Kate came to stay and we had a wonderful time. We saw the movie Christopher Robin on Friday and had our dinner at the movies. Very convenient, but I think from now on we will stick with popcorn and have dinner in another restaurant. We went to the park and met a very nice family there. Kate took the little 2 year old under her wing and was most helpful taking care of her as she was quite an adventurous little tyke. I love it that all our grandchildren are kind and nurturing to little ones they meet.



Saturday morning we just took our time with breakfast and Kate slept late. She was excited about her slumber party coming up that evening and we discussed it as we walked the dog about her plans for the evening. She had plenty of ideas and the girls were up until 2 a.m. Sunday morning still going strong. (Mom not so much!)

One of the many things the girls would do would be to make slime. That seems to the trendy thing for them, so I took her to Walmart to buy everything she wanted needed to do that. She needed lots of glitter glue for her slime "recipe". Turns out her Mom had also bought loads of supplies for the slime. 

Making the slime

Her party was bunny themed! Kate loves bunnies and had started the bunny club at her school a couple of years ago. Of course they had carrot cake. They swam, painted their fingernails, played on the drums, played games, talked, giggled, and more of that I think than anything!

Sunday afternoon was especially nice as I got to meet up with a fellow blogger. Elizabeth at Beauty Without Within is a beautiful Southern lady who has excellent taste in clothing and wears it well. She has a beautiful family to blog about with many achievements there. After several attempts at trying to make it work, Elizabeth and I were finally able to have the chance to meet. Now I was a bit intimidated to meet Elizabeth, but at first sighting in the mall and the first hug, it felt (to me) as though we have always known each other and I so enjoyed the time we had to spend together. She is the real deal of a godly woman. I think we could have visited much longer. Kindred spirits who love Jesus! Her posts and her comments to me have been great encouragement.

She and her daughter were so gracious to invite me to come see her granddaughter perform in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. That little theater was a great discovery and I hope to be able to catch Elizabeth's precious granddaughter in future productions. I also am hopeful we can meet up again.

What a beautiful lady! She is just as her blog is titled …

Her granddaughter as Susan in 
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

And later on this lovely Sunday afternoon we met Jason, Amy and Kate for birthday dinner at Red Lobster and cupcakes! I think the cupcakes were a bit much after having stuffed ourselves on those cheddar biscuits, flounder and shrimp! My goodness, what a feast.


It was also sweet thinking about how much DH's mother always loved going to Red Lobster and there we were having dinner on her birthday. She would have been 99 Sunday. I have previously written about her here. She was quite a woman and everybody loved and respected her.


Happy Heavenly Birthday to Millie

All in all, this was a very good weekend and I'm looking forward to a very good week.






10 comments:

Annsterw said...

That is so awesome that you met up with a fellow blogger in the "real world"! How fun! Her granddaughter is adorable as is yours!!

Linda said...

We loved the rain, too! You had such a good weekend! A bunny theme for a 10 year old! I love that! It’s refreshing to see a party themed after her interest instead of all the action characters most parties follow.
It’s fun meeting bloggers in real life! I’ve met a few and hope to meet more.....you and I are local, aren’t we? I’m off to visit the link you provided to meet your friend! Happy Monday, Nonnie!

Annie said...

I love that you met another blogger. How exciting.
We spend plenty of time making slime in this house as well. I even buy the gallon jugs of Elmers glue for that.
Enjoyed the post. Have a splendid week.

Susie said...

Nonnie, How wonderful to meet a fellow blogger in person. I have meet a few and they are already like friends I have known forever. Sad about DH's motorcycles. I hope them being gone doesn't sadden him. What cute bunnies at your house. :)Birthday wishes to Kate. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I drove back home today since Hubby will be staying in Denver with our son and grandson for the week of USA Rugby adventures. What fun they are having. Speaking of fun, you did have a lot of fun things in your weekend agenda. My favorite was of course getting to meet and spend time with you. What a blessing that was. I am also so glad you were able to meet most of my Dallas family, and they you. Such a memorable time for me and I look forward to the next opportunity to visit.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, what a fun weekend all the way around. And, Libby, I've known her for over 40 years and she is a dear. Her husband was our Music Minister for many years and we've missed them so much. So glad y'all were able to meet up. It's such fun to meet other bloggers in person. Have a great week!

Chatty Crone said...

Wow you have busy weekends every weekend - and you get to see your grands a lot. Happy birthday to her. Glad you met another blogger in per son and saw a play her daughter was in. I love Red Lobster too. Your husband's mother was beautiful! Everything sounds good.

Karen said...

So nice to visit with friends and family. I love the bunny themed birthday party!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So much going on. The bunny party looked like fun. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. How awesome that you meet up with Elizabeth! How awesome that you got to see the play.

Terri D said...

It is always so fun to meet a blogging friend in person! You did indeed have an exciting few days! Oh my goodness, I remember slumber parties that lasted until the wee hours of the morning. So many giggles and so many memories made! I'm glad I didn't have to clean up the glitter and glue from the slime-making!!LOL