On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Foto Friends

I have very little to offer in the way of fotos this week to share with Deb at Friday Foto Friends. However, I'm just going to post what I have and say hello and Happy Friday! We are coming into that time of year that is my very favorite and it always is so filled with activities that it rushes by before you actually get to enjoy it!




Every time I drive home from church, I pass this pasture with Texas Longhorns grazing in it. I always wish for opportunity to stop and get a picture, but stopping on the road is too dangerous. Last Sunday I saw a man pulled over in the parking lot of a rehab center and he was taking pictures, so I decided to do likewise. And, of course that is when the critters decided to move on to another part of the pasture.

I bought a new wreath for the front door. 


My great-niece! She likes to hide in those little spaces. I remember Jason hiding in the dresser drawer and Jack in the drawer of the stove and in the stereo cabinets in the living room. So cute! And now her Daddy is home from his overseas duty and she is loving it!







16 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

Being a Texas gal, I loved the Longhorns! Your niece is precious, enjoyed the pictures!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Longhorns are Texas! As my Dallas family would say, "Hookum' Horns!" And of course Bevo is the favorite and most famous Longhorn. We used to say that we could skip all the Christmas gift expense and just give the kids a big box and they would have more fun. There is just something about being enclosed for a child. Security I guess. Love the new wreath! Happy Friday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the Longhorns. Your great niece is adorable. Have a nice weekend.

Cathy said...

Love the longhorns...cool pictures. We have some buffalo/cow mix creatures in a field near us, but like you the road is to busy to stop and get a picture. I'll have to see if there is a drive or something we can pull off into. They are such unique looking animals.

Your little great-niece is so cute and she looks so very happy.

Terri D said...

The longhorns are great! They can be a little scary too! Your great-niece is adorable!!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I've always been fascinated by longhorn cattle

Annie said...

How nice to see the Longhorn cattle!
Your wreath is pretty and your little niece is so cute!
Glad you shared these photos.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Enjoyed seeing the Longhorns! That is a treat. Once in a while we see some here in Florida...there are those who grow them here... I love your new wreath! It is very pretty. I was thinking about getting a new wreath for our front door too. It's time for fall... Love your little grand niece. She is adorable. Would be so much fun to have a baby around again. Thank you for sharing with us.

Mevely317 said...

How odd. I didn't grow up in Texas … and I left in 1988, but there's a big part of me that's still homesick for the Lone Star state. Loved seeing these long horns. That baby is adorable!

Dianna said...

Your wreath is so pretty, Connie. I love the beautiful colors in it.

And that sweet great-niece of yours is adorable! Glad her daddy is home from overseas!

Breathing In Grace said...

My Mom's cardiologist is from Texas and has longhorns hanging in one of the exam rooms. Glad you finally got a pic. Oh mercy, your niece is adorable. I'm so glad her Daddy is home. Please thank him for his service to our country Happy Labor Day! 💜

Karen said...

That is wonderful that Daddy is home from overseas and they are having such fun. You reminded me of my sister hiding in small spaces like that!

Bobbie said...

Awww she is a sweetie! I love taking pictures of cows and horses. Yours are great! Hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend!

Joyful said...

Your grand niece is adorable and I like your new wreath. Your photos really show just how long those horns are on the long horn cattle.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness she is so precious! Look at that beautiful smile :-) Hope you are having a wonderful evening.

Blessings,
Jill

Aritha V. said...

Never seen such longhorns. Nice!