On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday Just for Fun!

Not too much happening over the weekend. Jack came over on Friday and my plan was to take him to see Ant Man and the Wasp, but, as it turned out, it was his Dad and Mom, DH, me and Jack who went. It was fun, however, I must say that when you sit through a movie with a seven year old who is as sweet as our Jack, you see things with a different eye. I cringed as I heard the bad language in this PG-13 movie and yes, I should have been forewarned, but since his Dad was there, I let him take full responsibility, which he did. That movie was a super hero movie and in my way of thinking, bad language is totally unnecessary. Just sayin'.

Off my soapbox now. We went to the park Friday evening and then on Saturday, Jack and I went to Feed the City to make the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the homeless kids. 

As motivation and in light of the early morning and no time to cook breakfast, I bribed him with a stop at the donut shop. What he chose to have for breakfast would set an adult spinning with the sugar content. I only got a pic of this one:



It is an Oreo donut with gummy worms on top! The others were just as decorated with frosting and all kinds of goop! And chocolate milk!!! Bad Nonnie!!!



This is what will happen to you!!

We had fun and I enjoyed watching him emulate the man beside us and follow in his method of slapping and stacking those sandwiches together with his own little assembly line. I then had to follow Jack's rules about that! He is so stinkin' cute! And sweet enough without all that sugar.

One of my friends on Facebook is always posting a variety of things ranging from spiritual thoughts, the Word, political and financial posts, and, of course, his grandchildren. This photo though that he posted last week ended up with some back and forth fun between us which I am sharing here. I might add it is "good, clean" humor.

He posted a picture of his "pride and joy!"


This is the exchange that followed:
(copying from Facebook is somewhat of a messy job.
The white squares are emoticons.)
Comments

Connie  When did that Dawn on you?
  
Johnny  One day when the Tide was out
  
Connie  Johnny  good one. I guess that's ALL I have for now.
  
Johnny  Connie  be of good CHEER.

Connie I think I will RESOLVE to do just that!

Johnny  If I may be so BOLD to ask, do you SURF
  
Connie  Johnny  FABULOSO!! woo hoo!! I was wondering if we should just wash our hands of all this!! Hmmmm. And so they call you Mr. Clean?
  
Johnny  Let's wait to wash our hands after you lend me your ARM & HAMMER to do some chores 😉

Connie  Watch out before I COMETcha with my fist!

Connie SOS somebody help!!!! https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f6f/2/16/1f602.png😂https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f6f/2/16/1f602.png😂https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f6f/2/16/1f602.png😂https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f6f/2/16/1f602.png😂
  
Johnny  DUZ this mean you're not going to help with the chores?

Connie  Johnny  I'll get it done SWIFFER than you can say O'CEDAR!
  
Johnny  Connie  you are just FABulous

Connie  Johnny  Is it time to call this to a FINISH or do you have a long list of these?? Pretty good!
  
Johnny  Connie  OK then, I guess I'll just DREFT away.
  
Connie  Johnny  okay. You WINdex!

Johnny  That was fun - Thank you Connie
· Reply · 2m

Happy Monday!! Gonna get things done! And there is rain in the forecast this week for which I am hoping and praying!!!

12 comments:

Karen said...

That really brought a chuckle. My bro-in-law can sing all the old advertisement jingles: Mr Clean, Comet, etc.

Sylvia said...

In my opinion bad language is unnecessary anywhere!
My 22 year old grandson and I went to see Mamma Mia Here we go again, when it came out, loved it.

Linda said...

What a fun Facebook friend you have!
,

Terri D said...

That did make for a fun discourse back and forth!! Donuts... yum!! Grandparents are allowed to spoil the kids with chocolate milk and too much sugar! Sounds like the movie was a nice family outing, but too bad there was some bad language in the movie. Seems like it is in all movies these days - even on TV. And they almost didn't allow Clark Gable to say 'damn' in Gone with the Wind.

Annie said...

Loved this happy post. Made me giggle.
Chocolate milk and donuts are 2 of the most important food groups.

Dianna said...

Oh, that sweet Jack...if you ever get tired of him could you please send him my way?

I LOVED the back and forth between you and your friend on Facebook! SO funny!

Visits With Mary said...

First of all, Jack is a cutie! I'm sure he is very good company. ))smiles)) Love the comments of you and your friend, so funny!!

Chatty Crone said...

I think once in awhile you have to splurge! And pride and joy - so cute - and so is Jack! sandie

Dick said...

That exchange was hilarious and you both are very comedic. And sharp not to mention knowledgeable of many products I would have never considered. Thanks for sharing this; it made my morning.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Sorry about that. For some reason, my husband was signed into his google account on my computer and I posted without realizing that.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree the movie doesn't need bad language. I hope to see that one soon, I like Ant Man. Cute pictures with the donut. Love the Pride and Joy!

Joyce said...

Oh my, the donuts! That makes my teeth hurt : ) My girls always chose pink icing with sprinkles which was too sweet for me. I do think you're off the hook though, because that's what grandparents do-we spoil. Hope you're doing well!