On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My Pet Hodgepodge


Hodgepodge Fun!


1. What pets did you have while growing up?

My dad often tried to introduce us to pets, but sadly, my sister and I weren't crazy about dogs and also, the dogs had to stay outside, so that was no way to get to know them. In hindsight, I feel so badly for the pets.

Such a cute little dog.

When my brother came along, our uncle gave us one of his show dog boxers named Whiz. He was a beautiful and very good dog ... especially protective of my little brother. It wasn't until I was married that I discovered how much I love dogs and each one has been very special to me.

Tell us a little something about them.

Max and Liesl were my first dogs. They went everywhere with us, including camping vacations and visits to relatives. Those two were such a pair and had two adorable litters of puppies and I got to witness Liesl give birth to them. Our vet recommended Max as a stud, but every attempt was a failure as Max wasn't interested in any other female dachshund but Liesl. His eyes popped out only for Liesl and, well, you can imagine the rest! Haha!


2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?

No matter the topic, it seems I can never whittle it down to just one. I MUST get to Bible Study Fellowship this morning and after that I MUST explore parks in the area to find a good setting for family portrait next week. Then I MUST get my new dog Annie to the boarders to have them test her out for personality and getting along with other dogs!

3. Where were you ten years ago?

Ten years ago I was still working for a ministry.

What were you doing there?

I had moved out to the location where my boss did her writing and was I ever blessed to be in that beautiful home. It sat on a bluff overlooking an amazing view of the lake and there were dense woods surrounding three sides of the house. My job at that time was to research illustration material and facts. I also read the material she had written searching for appropriate, relevant Scriptures to weave throughout the material. I typed and typed and read and re-read until my eyes were ready to pop out. The people I worked with were a joy and great encouragement to me as I learned daily from the Word and her teachings.

4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?

I did not know about this National Dumpling Day. I've never made dumplings of any kind, but maybe it's time to learn. Today is not that day. I love chicken and dumplings.  But thinking about chicken and dumplings triggered a craving for chicken pot pie for dinner last night. Oh my goodness, it was delish!!

5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon

So which kind are you?

I like to find an adventure if it isn't too scary. My best friend and I used to go on adventures - not intentionally, but any time you went with or did something with her, it turned out to be an adventure (or catastrophe!) Same with my DH.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

It's about Noah again. He's so sweet and says cute things. His soccer team got new uniforms and Sara told him she thought they were cute. He said, "Mommmmm, they're not supposed to be cute! They're supposed to be menacing!"

And here he is all spiffied up for a memorial service this past Saturday.


It was both boys first time to attend a memorial service and Sara said it was an especially meaningful one as several people shared their memories about the young man who had passed. I remember my first funeral service at the age of five and the impact it had on me due to the hysterical weeping of some people as they said good-bye to their friend, my great-grandmother A little scary. My parents never shied from taking us to funerals as death is a part of life. I rejoice at the services of those whom we know have gone to be with Jesus. The saddest funeral I ever attended was that of a professed atheist. 



7 comments:

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I love seeing the picture of your dogs. I'll be life was never dull with those two!
Your job, ten years ago, sounds like a great one!
Yes, I can imagine the funeral of an atheist would be very sad... No belief, no hope, nothing :(
Have a great day,
Kathy (Reflections)

Preppy Empty Nester said...

The first memorial service can be traumatic but it is so necessary. Your old job sounds like a dream. Have a great week.

Susie said...

Nonnie, Noah is a sweet kid. I like what he said about his new uniforms. LOL. We only had a cat growing up ...had him a long time. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Terri D said...

It is so fun seeing you and your pups! I love what Noah said about the uniforms should look menacing! LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Me too I didn't appreciate our dogs until I had my own. I hope your got all your errands done today.

NanaDiana said...

It seems that you have more than made up for kind of ignoring the pets you had a little kids. You love them to pieces now that you are an adult.

That sounds like it was a perfect job for you...what a setting!

I hope you have a wonderful night. xo Diana

ps. Pop by my blog when you have a chance and sign up for a giveaway.

Chatty Crone said...

Noah IS cute! I loved your stories about dogs. Disco is my first ever. You two dogs Max and Lesil (?) were adorable. God made the world a better place with animals.