On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, September 18, 2017

50 years!

This past weekend was the 50th reunion for my high school class. It was a fun time -- maybe somewhat maybe a lot boring for DH. But I'm glad we went and happy he is such a good sport. I really don't have a lot to say about the pictures. What I enjoyed most about the entire weekend was the ladies' luncheon on Saturday and the opportunities I had to visit with a few old friends. 


















We survived it!

Still young at heart



The organizers after the weekend is done!
Turn out the lights! The party's over!

What great memories and how wonderful to see all the old familiar faces again after 50 years - although some I have seen at three of the past reunions. Still ... what matters more to me are the memories I've shared and the faces of those I have lived with and loved over the past 50 years. So many people weave in and out of our lives. One day there will be an eternity to spend with our loved ones. We will never run out of time to share together our tales of the goodness God has shown to us in our life on this earth!

And another exciting release of information (which we already knew, but couldn't share) there will be another addition to their little family.




10 comments:

Debbie said...

How fun! Glad you enjoyed. Hubby has been to 2 of his reunions over the years (he is from So. Dakota) and he has loved them. I, on the other hand, have been to NONE of mine though they are right here in California. lol My two best friends and I in high school have remained close and have seen each other often through the years. Anyone else while I am curious I guess about what ended up happening to some of them, really aren't enough to draw me back. How exciting about the new baby! Congrats!

Terri D said...

Don't you love looking back at the fashions and hair styles?! What fun! Our 50th will be in 2020 but it was fun seeing a few of my classmates when we were in Ohio earlier this month. Thanks for sharing the wonderful baby news with us!! Always a blessing!

Aloha Acres said...

That looks like it was so much fun. I'm so glad you went. I'd love to see (some of) my old classmates one day.

Congrats on the new baby!

Chatty Crone said...

Wow what a nice post and you laid it out so nice too. So do you remember everyone? You looked great by the way. And there wee some gone. I have to say that was really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay G. said...

Love all the photos and you all look so good, then and now!
Happy for the new baby on the way!

Visits With Mary said...

Class reunions are always fun. We had our 50th a few years ago and sorry to say I missed it. Always stay young at heart, makes life more fun.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

What a fun post and it shows what a good time was had by all. Extra points go to your DH!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. My 50th will be next year...if we ever get together to start planning! I think we are all in denial...LOL. So glad you could participate and see so many dear "old friends". Precious memories!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, and congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family!!! How exciting for all of you!! Such a blessing!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so glad you went. We went to our 45th a few years ago and I thought it was definitely worth it.