On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

Friday Foto Friends!


Any guesses what this might be?
It is a tree stump with mushrooms growing on it!!
Pretty! 
This was taken by Amy's mom, Cindy.

One of my Facebook buddies suggested posting pics of flowers because we are being inundated with so much these days on Facebook that is negative. 


We finally made the decision to adopt Annie officially and I have been taking her along on my morning walks. She loves it and I wonder whether her previous owner lived in an apartment because in the mornings, she won't go in the back yard. She expects me to take her out the front door. I won't go out until it's light, but she does patiently wait. Annie's reward is a nice long walk. My reward for continuing in my walks is getting to see some glorious sunrises most every day. (I thought my reward would be to lose a few pounds, but that isn't happening. I wonder if the ice cream habit before bedtime could be the problem?)

Annie also follows me around the house 

and when she isn't on my heels or at my feet, this is her favorite place.


Watching for me as I pull into the driveway! This is what Trudy always did and as soon as I open the garage door, she is there! Such a sweet dog.



I have been looking for a good location to have our family picture made next weekend. This is going to be the spot and I am hoping and praying for everybody to be well and the weather to be nice. Our photographer is a friend who has won many awards for her photos and she is such a delight I just know everything will go well. 

We are going to have the kids pose in one of the unusual trees there.

Here is a sample of my friend's work for Fall.

Happy Friday and I would love to see some of those Fall colors.


13 comments:

Sylvia said...

No fall colors around here yet, but I'm waiting patiently.
Cute puppy, aren't they a lot of company!

Breathing In Grace said...

So many sweet things going on in your part of the world! Annie is precious... I'm glad she's found a forever home. Love the sunrise fotos. That stuff on the tree is calling lichen... it's a fungus. Ive always thought it was so pretty and unique. Thanks so much for sharing and linking up today. Hope you have a great weekend!

Aritha said...

Your mushrooms! They are so beautiful! And what a sweet dog!

Rick Watson said...

Great pictures Nonnie. You'd left a comment on my blog about ragweed. The picture I used was goldenrod and not ragweed. Sorry for the confusion.

Toni said...

What wonderful photos Nonnie. I can't pick one for a favorite as I like them all. Your Annie is precious. Have a day of blessings my friend.

Karen said...

Enjoyed your photos! The mushrooms made a beautiful design. The flowers and sky pics are uplifting. Have a nice weekend.

Visits With Mary said...

Happy Friday to you too! Annie seems to be a sweetie, there's nothing like a loving pet. The mushrooms made a pretty picture...and pictures of flowers always make me smile.

annie said...

Annie looks like a sweet pup! I miss having a dog around.
I think the place you picked for the photo is wonderful and hope things turn out as wonderful as you'd like !
The photo of the tree stump is just amazing and I had forgotten how beautiful lily of the valley was in a bouquet.
Happy Friday!

Terri D said...

Congratulations to you AND to Annie! She has found a wonderful home! The location you found for your family photos looks beautiful! I can't wait to see them! Those mushrooms are really strange and lovely! Happy Friday!

Susie said...

Nonnie, I loved all your wonderful photos. Looks like DH has a new best buddy. :):) I like how Annie looks at the door. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

I love your fall colors - not so lucky here. Your dog is so cute. And when he is not with you - he is on grandpa's lap - a big lap dog thou....

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Your sweet new doggie looks quite content already. I love that she loves to sit in your hubby's lap, and that she is anxiously waiting your return at the door. So precious. Love the places where you will take the family pictures...that should be very lovely. Love the flowers, sunsets, sunrises, etc. Our world is so lovely...praise God! Yes, we need more of the beauty and less of the negativity. Thank you!

Joyful said...

So much to comment on. Firstly let me say Annie looks like such a sweet companion. How wonderful that you have adopted her. I'm sure she will give you many happy years of companionship.

The area you have selected for a family photo is simply gorgeous and I'm sure you are going to be so happy with the outcome. I love good family photos but my own family never really had any. There was always someone missing!

The flowers and sky shots are gorgeous and the fungi growing on the tree stump are so pretty. They make such lovely and interesting designs.