On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Hodgepodge Accomplishments!


1. What makes you feel accomplished? Explain.

Finishing whatever I started. No matter how big or how small the size of the job. Cooking, making bread, planting flowers, handling the finances these days, keeping up with maintenance of the house or our cars. Each day I feel accomplished if I have actually accomplished something. Now, as far as being accomplished at a particular thing, I can't play a musical instrument, nor do I sew, crochet, etc. I felt accomplished in my job when I worked full time.

2. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? Tell us why.

My pastor's wife, Geni. Because of the size of our church and the demands on her both as pastor's wife and children's pastor, there isn't time to just sit down and visit and get to know her. Everything about her exudes such love, enthusiasm, encouragement, innocence and fun. She is almost too good to be true.
Corrie ten Boom - another of my heroes.
Our president's daughter, Ivanka. I would want to know how she maintains her calm composure in spite of all the ugliness and criticism of her and her family. It has to be extremely painful.


3. Do you have a great burger recipe? Not really.

What's in it? When I do make burgers, the seasoning is simple. A little salt, pepper, Montreal steak season, a little seasoned salt, garlic.
What do you like on a hamburger and where is your favorite spot to order one out?

Lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, mustard. JC Burgers a local burger chain which began as a hole in the wall burger place in Plano, Texas. The owner was a neighbor of ours for years!

Need I say more?


4. What's the biggest anxiety producing thing you do on a regular basis?

These days it might be leaving home for more than a weekend. Or handling the finances on my own, keeping up with maintenance of the house and our cars or whatever else pops up. Maybe trying to plan a family vacation produces a lot of anxiety. See random question.

5. This is the last Hodgepodge of May. Tell us about your summer plans.

Nothing planned so far except to go boating with our son's family, take the kids swimming, have company, hang out with friends, maybe take a weekend trip or two, work on a Bible study.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I really need to plan a family vacation, but every idea I can think of is either too far, too expensive, or has now been booked up. Any suggestions would be helpful.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Ruth Ann and her family rented a house in Glenrose and they had a great time one summer. I think you are a sister Texas.....
Amber has rented a beach house in Gulf Shores, AL for a week in August. There's room for both sets of grandparents and it will be the quads first trip to the beach!
I know this one thing to be true.....if you don't plan it - it won't happen! Once I've planned something - even if it's just to write it in on the calendar - it stands a better chance of happening!
What church do y'all go to? I am going to catch up on the posts I've missed when we were at the ranch. I'm thinking perhaps your husband has been ill?

Debbie said...

Good morning! I honestly feel the same way as you do about number 1. I like to make a mental list of things I "might" get done in a day and am pleased when I FINISH even one of them. A little something everyday. I'd watch your talk show for sure, lol. Sounds good. I am not very good about planning vacations either, lol. Personally, for me I don't like traveling much at all. My idea of a great vaca is hubby home and we go and do lots and lots of little day trips....visiting family and friends, seeing unusual things, soaking up God's beauty somewhere such as the beach or the mountains, and then sleeping in my own bed at night, lol. Have a good day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Ivanka would be a great guest to interview. I feel like everything in my life has anxiety attached to it! Your summer plans sound very nice.

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoyed your hodgepodge. I too wonder how Ivanka seems to stay so composed. I admire her for that...so much ugliness has come her way.

Karen said...

Wow that hamburger platter looks really good! Thanks for the hodgepodge. Enjoy your afternoon.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Great answer to #2, Corrie ten Boom and Ivanka, that would be a great interview on both counts for sure. That burger plate really looks good, especially since I have not had a real meal in 72 hours. Hubby is grilling me a steak for dinner though. Blessings!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I know exactly what you mean about finishing what you start! I notorious for not doing that.
Corrie ten Boom was something, wasn't she? I admire her so much.
I hope you get your family vacation plans worked out. In my experience, sometimes the simplest vacations turn out to be the best ones.
Kathy (Reflections)

Susie said...

Nonnie, Now I am hungry for a good burger. LOL. When I get anxious...it's because I am not so sure of farm life, like the water pumps, sump pumps, Things I know little about. I can run a pretty budget and balance books and even fix many broken things. I guess I do well enough. Can't wait to see your TV talk show. Blessings,LOL. xoxo, Susie

Susie said...

Nonnie, sorry. I re-arranged some of my sentences and the LOL is after blessings...that's not right..it was to be after seeing your show.

Suzanne McClendon said...

Oh, yes! Corrie Ten Boom would be a great one to interview. I learned about her when I was a little girl spending the summer with my Aunt Mae. What a wonderful lady, both Corrie and my Aunt Mae. :)

Have you ever been to Big Bend National Park? If not, how about going there? I can't remember where you live...maybe that is too far to go for you. I've never been, but it looks like an absolutely beautiful, adventurous place.

Have a blessed day!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Those hole in the wall places are very often the best. We lean more towards the big chains now, but back in the day, the mom and pop places beat the others hands down.

Terri D said...

Gosh that food looks GOOD!! No ideas about a vacation, though renting a house for everyone is a good idea. We always have fun doing that. The cost isn't so bad when you split it among the families. It's usually less expensive than a hotel for five or six nights for everyone. Keep us posted. Hugs for you for all you are doing, dear friend.

Mary said...

Ivanka: Great choice!
I completely missed the 2nd & 3rd part of the hamburger question!