On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

An Autumnal Hodgepodge

It is hard to believe we are in the Fall season and quickly approaching October!! This is my favorite time of year and one that seems to fly by faster than any other season. I want to hold on to these last few months of the year as they hold so much promise of making memories and remembrances from years past.

1. It's Fall y'all! Officially that is and in the northern hemisphere only, so if you're visiting from down under happy spring! Does it feel like fall where you live? 

Today the weather matches the season. Cool, crisp and breezy. Does it look like fall aka are the leaves beginning to change? So far I’ve only seen leaves falling, no color as yet. What is your favorite fall color? The orange, red and yellow combo. Sorry, I never can pick one. Scent? Pumpkin spice everywhere. Flavor? Is chili a wrong answer?

2. What's something you're not? Maybe trendy?

3. Share a favorite quote related to fall and tell us why it's a favorite. 

“I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne

Because there’s nothing quite like the feel of the sunshine that doesn’t scorch and burn or bring sweat, the leaves are rustling all around, it just feels so invigorating to be outside! It’s a great time for brisk walks, and admiring the gorgeous colors that seem to grow more brilliant each day before finally giving up and landing on the ground. And that brings us to the other favorite quote, which is also a good reminder.

 “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” -Unknown

4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite fall meal? Beef stew and cornbread.

5. Share a favorite photo you took last fall? 



I'll try to do better this year.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I didn’t include this precious couple in yesterday’s photos. They are dear to me as I have gotten to know them a little better than the other couples. This precious pair comes to our exercise class almost every week. Mostly, he brings her for exercise, but he stays sometimes also. They were with Wycliffe Bible Translators, (he was a pilot, as was Nick Saint). These two are so sweet and I love the twinkle still there in both their eyes and they're always smiling. He takes good care of her. Truly another great example of love and commitment lived out to God, each other and their family. 


10 comments:

Lisa said...

I went back and read your post from the weekend. What a sweet idea to have the party for those married that long! Also, I totally agree about how quickly fall flies . . .I always say that I feel like from Labor Day until Christmas is a fast downhill slide and I enjoy all of the fun activities!

Linda said...

Yes, time is flying by, isn't it? I enjoyed your post. I hope you have a beautiful day. smiles

Joyce said...

I just hopped back to read your post about the anniversary couples. So special! Yes time is flying, I cannot believe we're into fall with holidays coming soon. I too savor this time of year. I love everything about this season. Have a nice day!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I enjoyed reading about your autumn days already...it is still warm and humid here in Florida, but there is a little change in the air...not quite as hot. And I see some little subtle color changes on the maple trees, but nothing like what you all have further north. Love the quotes you shared too. And that sweet couple married 60 years...how precious! My parents made it to almost 64 years before my mother passed away, and they were such a sweet wonderful couple and good example to us in every way. How I miss them! Anyway, I love autumn days, whenever they get here. Yes, they do go by too fast, although in Florida we pretty much have fall instead of winter, so I guess you could say we have more fall than y'all! Have a blessed day.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful post. And yes, chili is a good answer. Have a great day!

Tammy said...

Yes,so true time is flying. Love the quote.."Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go." AND this hits home to me. I try to change something that is completely out of my control...Let go and Let God.

Terri D said...

Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge this week. I have noticed that nearly everyone included cornbread in their answer for #4! I am looking forward to cooler temps and less humidity. We won't have that for a few more weeks, if then. November for sure!! xo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Pumpkin spice is a great scent. I love both quotes you shared. Love your Fall photos. Aw, sweet couple.

Kirstin said...

Loved your answers....love beef stew too, and your quotes. Those trees are gorgeous!!

Ruiz said...


I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com