On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Weekend Recap

 Just a brief telling of this past weekend of fellowship, fun, and celebrations.

A few of our Sunday School class got together to see the production at the Spotlight Theater in Tulsa of The Drunkard. As I mentioned in a previous post, this has been a Saturday night tradition since 1953. We had a great time booing and hissing and oohing and ahhing (is that a word?) at the cast as they performed this melodrama for us. We got to buy tomatoes to throw at the villain! I was very disappointed that the tomatoes were not real!! No big splats! Haha!!


You can see the tomatoes around this villainous villain.

Sweethearts

The cast

A few from our class

On Sunday, immediately after church, we had a celebration for all our married couples of 50 years or more! What a very special time to see these sweet couples be honored for their lifetime commitments to each other. I was privileged to have a part in this preparation for them and greeting them for photographs of the happy couples. There was delicious food, beautiful music, a renewal of their vows, and door prizes. Here are just a few of the precious couples.

So you can see how pretty the tables were.


The help

Only a few of nearly 40 smiling couples celebrating.

Of all the joyous, smiling people there, one couple stood out to me and brought tears to my eyes. This elderly couple was so precious. Her Alzheimer's condition was very obvious, but even more obvious to me was the love and devotion by this gentleman living out his love for his sweetheart.

He held her up throughout the entire renewal of vows. He guided her around the room. From what I am told, this husband is always like this and he cares for her at home, too. Wow! God bless him!

The beautiful cake under the glass dome was one of several--one for each table. The cakes were beautiful and door prizes to the couple at each table who had been married the longest. The cakes were baked by a lady at church and each was decorated a little differently, but all in the gold trim. She did an excellent job.


7 comments:

Cathy said...

What a sweet celebration! The show looks like fun too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. That party was so sweet and the couple you mentioned was so precious.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my goodness! You truly had a wonderful weekend. The play/melodrama looks like it was so much fun! Even with the "rotten" tomatoes that weren't really rotten! LOL. What a great outing! And then, that party for the "golden couples"...what a sweet thing to do for those dear couples...and that last one, with the wife with alzheimer's...oh how precious is that? May God bless that dear man for his devotion and love, and I pray their remaining days together will be precious and sweet. May God give him the strength to continue in his role as caretaker for as long as is needed. Amazing story. thank you for sharing this with us.

Terri D said...

How absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for sharing the love and photos. Fifty years - definitely to be celebrated!! Love, love, love!! xo

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

It is so good to see that you have found purpose and many avenues of service in your new home and church. We celebrated our 56th a few weeks ago. How precious to see this elderly gentleman's devotion. What an example of unconditional love this is. Thank you so much for sharing these special events.

Joyce said...

What a wonderful idea! I love to see long time married couples, there is a tenderness there that is so special.

Ruiz said...


I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com