On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge and Living Strong

 1. Do you (or did you used to) watch talk shows? 

Seldom. When I was in high school, I thought it was fun to stay up late and watch Johnny Carson. Talk shows are boring as most of the time it’s a celebrity very focused on themselves.

Which are or were your favorite?

I have enjoyed listening to some talk shows such as James Dobson‘s focus on the family.

 2. Would you describe yourself as resilient? 

Yes, I believe I am very resilient. I have experienced the loss of two husbands, breast cancer, going through bone marrow transplant with my brother, (me the donor), the loss of both my parents at young ages, and adjusting to being a stepmom. They were two of the best kids ever, but it still was a big adjustment. If so what do you think makes you that way? It is only by the grace of God that I have had strength. I have none on my own. If you answered no explain why?

 3. What parts of life have surprised you the most? 

That I am still here? Having lost my parents at younger ages, I guess it surprises me sometimes that I have made it to an older age. Explain.

 4. Why do you live where you live? 

After 50 years of living in one state, I moved to another to be near my siblings.

 5. A memory from this week that made you smile? 

Most every day, the Facebook memories that pop up make me smile because I have so many good memories. Any time I look at a picture on the refrigerator of my Dear Heart, or the grandkids, it always brings a smile.

 


(Noah had been smiling until word came we would take a pic!! There's always one sad sack in the bunch! The pic below of my sister's party is evidence of that. I was the pouty one and she was crying! Makes me think of the song that came much later, It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To!)


Today’s memory on Facebook was a throwback Thursday of my sister's birthday. Just this weekend, we also gathered together to say happy birthday to her. She turned the big 70, but she didn't cry about it.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

This has been a very busy week. Over the weekend, some of us from our Sunday school class picked up paintbrushes and rollers and painted curbs for emergency vehicles and delivery vehicles, as well as a shuffleboard court for a local apartment complex. The apartment building houses disabled persons over 62 years old. These pics don't show the extent of the amount of painting! Whole lotta curbs!!!


This morning I’m working on the garage sale for the boys home in our area. The garage sale will benefit the boys home. And tonight is Awanas’ night, so it’s a full day all day.

Our ukelele group is singing again today. We are singing on a regular basis at one of the assisted living homes here and it is so much fun. Our practices each week are filled with singing and lots of laughter. We have been invited to sing a few days before Christmas at a residence for senior citizens in a Jewish assisted living. The dilemma there is that we have been asked not to sing anything about Jesus so as not to offend anyone. We don’t like that idea. Anyone have a thought or opinion they might want to share about this? Please, be kind.

I've typed this all rather hurriedly, as I am getting ready to leave.

8 comments:

ellen b. said...

I so enjoyed reading your hodgepodge answers. So many resonate with me. Our little granddaughter will be at Awana tonight. It's crazy socks night. What a good choice to move closer to your siblings. Happy Birthday to your sister. She's a few months younger than me. How do people without Jesus get by? Take care now...

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

You are my Energy Bubby friend for sure. I love that about you. I'm feeling about that way myself these days. Who knew retirement and in a new city could be so involved. But, aren't we blessed to still be able to do and go.

Terri D said...

You really are the energizer bunny! Keeping busy is good for us, I know, but you run rings around me!! As for the singing for the Jewish community during the holidays, there are many secular songs for the holidays. You could also ask for requests and maybe someone would request a 'reason for the season' song. Let us know how it goes!! I always love visiting here!! xo

Joyce said...

I'm sure the ukelele group is a bright spot in the assisted living center. I enjoy the FB memories too. Good for you and all that painting too! Enjoy your week!

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. You definitely have reasons to be resilient.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You have a full and busy life, and I am so very happy for you that you moved near your siblings and that you are making good friends, etc., and have so many wonderful activities. God has been so kind and gracious to you. I loved your pictures and stories. You are amazing!!!

NanaDiana said...

So good to catch up with you and I like your "own thoughts" at the end as much as the questions you answered. You are, indeed, resilient. God bless you-you have been through a lot-xo Diana

Ruiz said...


I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com