On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Secret Hodgepodge


1. The Hodgepodge lands this year on National Secret Keeping Day...on a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being I'm a blabbermouth and 10 being I'm a vault) how good are you at keeping secrets?

I’m a vault. If you tell me not to tell anybody, I won’t.

I read here nine jobs for people who can keep a secret-cybersecurity worker, executive assistant, housekeeper, lawyer, nuclear plant technician, physician, private investigator, psychologist, security guard.  Of the jobs listed, which one most interests you and why?

Maybe the psychologist. Especially when a psychologist has been given a secret by someone who has committed a criminal act. I think there needs to be an exception to the rule of the psychologist keeping it secret, but, on the other hand, if there were, a criminal most likely would not confide in the psychologist.  

2. What's the secret of life (or one of them anyway)? 

Being thankful is one of the most important for me. The Bible says to be thankful in all circumstances because that is God’s will for me.

3. Off the record, best-kept secret, a fly on the wall, top secret, my lips are sealed, secret shopper, as quiet as a mouse, poker face, spill the beans, open secret, bite your tongue...which secret idiom can you best relate to right now? Explain. 

My lips are sealed right now as to something I am going to do. Not explaining because it's a SECRET. 

4. Spill here the secret ingredient in one of your favorite recipes? 

I have a recipe for chili that calls for chocolate chips, which I had never heard of before. Being a chocolate lover, maybe it is just my imagination, but I think it makes my chili really good! Haha!

5. My mama celebrates a big birthday tomorrow (Wednesday).  Share a favorite quote, song lyric, saying, or verse of scripture that will add some sunshine to her day (ours too!) 

“Age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying you.” I don't know your mama's age, so she can read this scripture graphic I made for her as "even as we get older"!



6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

Growing older has definitely been a surprise. One day you’re chomping at the bit to be 16, old enough to drive, old enough to date, then 18, being on your own, 21, being married, it was so exciting. And then it’s: “what happened?” “ how did I get here so quickly!” I never pictured myself older, but here I am, 71. I am thankful for my life, that God wanted me to exist, and the many ways I have seen His hand in it in spite of my foolish ways along the road to now. And just think how many untold number of ways that He was there that I didn’t see. I love singing the song below:

The Goodness of God
I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

'Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Written by: Ed Cash, Ben Fielding, Brian Johnson, Jenn Johnson, Jason Ingram - Bethel Music

13 comments:

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Chocolate chips in chili...I love chocolate and chili so it has to be yummy! I remember wishing my age would hurry up and now looking back where did the time go?
Have a great day.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

So much in this post, Nonnie. Yes, at almost 76, I wonder how in the world I got to the point when I have trouble getting out of a chair some days. The words to the song are so uplifting and I am going to see if I can find it on YouTube. Now, about your secret future, I find exciting and trust you are receiving the information and affirmation you need to make the right decisions. Can't wait for when it's no longer a secret.

Martha said...

I'm going to have to look up chocolate chips in chili recipes, I can imagine it's an excellent secret recipe! I can relate to your random thought too, I don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror - so weird and it happened so fast! Have a great day :)

Jeanette said...

Wouldn't putting chocolate chips in chili make it sweet? Unless you put just enough to make it a little creamy? Interesting! Curious to know what you are planning to do if you ever reveal your secret!

JanCT said...

Loved reading your post. God is so faithful, and that's really the only thing that we can ALWAYS count on.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Mevely317 said...

Great point you made about a psychologist's confidentiality issues. Would you be willing to share your chili recipe? We've always just opened cans of Hormel - lol. Can't wait to learn more about what your Secret Future holds!

songbird's crazy world said...

Chocolate chips in chili ...was that inspired by Mexican mole sauce?

Interesting comment about psychologists. There are exceptions to the confidentiality rule. If I tell my psychologist "I killed my ex", that must remain confidential. But if I say "I am going to kill my ex" and it a real threat, the psychologist has a duty to warn my ex and/or the police of my threat.

Cathy said...

Chocolate Chips in chili, interesting! Hubby puts cocoa in his sometimes. I think it's good. Now I'll have to get him to try chocolate chips. Do you use semi-sweet or milk chocolate?

Joyce said...

I love the birthday sentiment. I have had chili with chocolate as an ingredient and it definitely adds to the depth of flavor. Enjoy your week! It's nice to have you in the Hodgepodge!

Wanda said...

I really enjoyed your post today and your answers. Every season of life brings something new. You reminded me of a poem, I have to look up about the seasons of life, and never being quite satisfied.
Have a great day.

Terri D said...

Another blogging friend said she puts cocoa in her chili! Now chocolate chips. Hmmm. I need to look up some recipes! This was a fun Hodgepodge and your message for Joyce's mom is lovely!

Susan said...

I enjoyed my visit today and can relate to so much you say. Our bodies age but our minds stay young. I remember my grandma telling me how hard it was to be young at heart trapped in a body that does not want to work. I understand now what she means. But I am thankful for the time I have. There is a Mexican dish called mole that includes chocolate in the sauce that is cooked with chicken. I wish I would have gotten the recipe from my MIL.. Yes God is good!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I loved your quote/song so much. Thank you for sharing it here as well as on Facebook. Now I am anxious to hear what your 'secret' is! I hope it is something really good and wonderful for you! Chocolate chips in chili? uh, I can't begin to imagine that...maybe you should come here and make some for us and don't tell us that is what it is and then see if we love it! LOL. Have a blessed week dear friend. Can't wait to hear your secret! Ha Ha.