On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

She's Wrappin' Up the Hodgepodge, Folks!

It will be fun to read what Joyce is going to share with us today! Join in this momentous occasion and answer the Hodgepodge questions on your blog and join the others!



1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)

It has been a good summer and I can't say it was THE highlight, but getting up and skiing was a big deal to me! I was so proud that at age 69, I could still do it and the grandkids witnessed it! (Oh, and, of course, all my Facebook friends saw and were also impressed! Especially my high school classmates!)

2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? 

Wish I had worked up the nerve earlier in the summer to ask for the chance to ski and had several more times of it. Also, I wish I had completed the bucket list made earlier in the summer.

Less of? 
Sitting and reading, but truth is, this summer was a really HOT one and we just wanted to stay inside. It may also be I could have eaten less ice cream.  

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar? 
One thing is coming up this Friday and that is Grandparents Day at the kids' school. We received a special invitation and I am anxious to attend and see what all it will be about. I'm also excited for Bible Study Fellowship to resume next week.

4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?
I read many good books this summer and I guess that's because so much time was spent inside. A toss-up between the memoirs of Barbara Bush and a book Hiding in the Light by Rifqa Bary, the true story of the young lady from Ohio who converted to Christianity and escaped an honor killing by her dad. Both books were very good. Lots of smiles and sweet tears in the Barbara Bush story and great passion and boldness in the other.


5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.
I believe that God is working all things together for my good, no matter what the circumstance or trial that is going on in my life and I believe He will for you, too as you put your trust in Him. 


"Look beyond your pain, current circumstances and what you’re feeling right now. Find comfort in God’s truths, knowing that He uses all things for good – that there’s a purpose for your pain. In adversity, you have the opportunity to shine Christ’s light brighter and louder than ever before. The darker it gets, the brighter His light shines. The more impossible it gets, the more it becomes evident that the only answer is Jesus." Ashley Terkeurst Hodges

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

It is impressive that you have been writing the Hodgepodge questions so consistently for nine years!! That is amazing and I am glad I got to participate in it for the past few years. It has been a great way to meet other bloggers and read their stories, thoughts and ideas in their creativity. 




15 comments:

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

We are sorry to see Hodgepodge go, as well.

Skiing is not something I intend to do. When I was 17, I tried snow skiing. I looked like Goofy from Disney when he skis. I promised God that if He got me to the bottom of the hill alive, I would never get on another pair of skis again. I figured that since I did not specify snow skis, I should stay off of water skis as well, just to be safe. Have a blessed week.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I'm glad that you got the chance to ski and had a fun time with it. I think it would be fun to try, but I can't swim, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me. Age is just a number, right? You can do anything you set your mind to doing, whether 6 or 69. And, raspberries to those who say otherwise. :)

Nahh, totally unnecessary to eat less ice cream. haha

Have a wonderful time at Grandparents Day at the school. What fun!

That is a perfect response to #5. He has it all covered, regardless of what that "all" is!

The Hodgepodge has been a great experience over the years. I am thankful that, through Joyce, I became acquainted with you. Your posts always leave me smiling. I hope to get by here more often.

Have a blessed week!

Melanie said...

Is Joyce stopping her "Hodgepodge"?" I never did it very often but loved to read other's thoughts. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow since I already posted for today. It was fun reading your summer reflections today!

Chatty Crone said...

Are you saying this is the last Hodgepodge? I wish someone could take it over.

I was VERY impressed that you got up on skis - I have never ever done that.

I love your positive idea today and those verses by Ashley.

Love, sandie

Bobbie said...

Wow! I am beyond impressed!!!! I have never skied in my life.. and at 63 doubt that I ever will. But I am in awe... Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge answers :-)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love your #5, such truth!!!

ellen b said...

Wow! Good for you for skiing and being successful in getting up! For me the bravest thing would have been to put a bathing suit on. LOL! I enjoyed your hodgepodge and the encouragement you offered. Blessings.

Mevely317 said...

Oh! I envy your skiing … and in front of your grands, to boot. (Nope, I was never that coordinated.)
Loved your #5 … thank you for being such an encouragement!

Annie said...

So great that you got to ski and did so well too.
I loved number 5!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So proud of your skiing adventure! That took a lot of courage and spunk! I don't think I would try that at this stage in life. I never was very good at it when I was young, so would hate to see what I'd do now. Loved all your answers. I am sorry I never got involved in the Hodgepodge day, but I enjoyed reading all of you who did. It will be missed.

Terri D said...

I loved seeing your skiing picture and think it's great that the grands got to see you do it! I remember going ice skating with granddaughter Lauren when she was around 12. She was quite impressed that I could skate and actually turned about and skated backward!! I grew up skating on a lake in Ohio and it was kind of like riding a bike. SO... I know that proud feeling of accomplishment!! I am sad Joyce is stopping the HP, but happy for all the new blogging friends I made through her Wednesday posts!!

Stacy said...

How awesome that you are working on your bucket list and got to go skiing again! I hope to be that adventurous when I reach my more mature years (they aren't that far off). Two years ago I treated my mom to a ride on the roller coaster her mother had always forbidden her to ride. We did it for her 72nd birthday!

I hope Grandparents' Day at the school is a total joy and blessing. Enjoy it!

Joyce said...

You should feel proud! Enjoy the Grandparent Day events. It's nice to know you through our blogs : ) Thanks for participating in the HP!

Debby Ray said...

I have never been on skis in my life and I don't think it would be a very pretty sight...lol! Good for you! Loved your answer to #5. We will surely all miss the Hodgepodge, won't we? Have a blessed weekend, Nonnie.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You should be very proud of skiing! Reading and ice cream sound nice to me. Grandparents Day should be fun. I like your words of encouragement. I will miss my Wednesday Hodgepodge.....