On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, September 17, 2018

My Friend's Going Home Service

In August, I attended the retirement party for my former co-worker and beloved friend, Kay, which I posted about here.

Today, I attended the memorial service for her. Kay would have been absolutely overwhelmed and astounded at the tribute to her. She was a true and faithful servant who deserved the honor she was given at both her retirement party and her going home celebration today. She is in the very best place now and the memories everyone had to share of her impact in their lives was truly amazing. I learned so much from her about grace, love and forgiveness. Galatians 2:20 was her mantra and she truly lived this prayer.


9 comments:

Karen said...

I know it is sad for you, but also a blessing to attend the service honoring her and her strong faith. God bless youl

Terri D said...

I am always so sad when someone who just retired doesn't get to enjoy that retirement for years and years to come. It sounds like your dear friend was loved by many, including Jesus. May she rest in the peace of that love! I'm sorry for your loss.

Sandi said...

God bless her...

That is the verse my son is memorizing this week.

Visits With Mary said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I love that her service was called a 'Going Home Party,' because that's what it is. It's so much better than the word, 'funeral.'

Susie said...

Nonnie, I am shocked that your friend has passed. Please accept my condolences. Thankful she is with the Lord. Hugs to you dear friend. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

You mean she retired less than a month ago and has passed away. Oh my goodness that sounds sad - but wonderful in the fact she was a Christian and is now with the Lord.

Jill said...

Nonnie,

How sad that she just retired and was unable to enjoy her retirement.... I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and her family and friends. Big hugs!

Blessings,
Jill

Aloha Acres said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but rejoice in knowing you will see her again.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))