On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Last Week Recap

Last week! Eventful!

On Monday, we had a doctor appointment for DH, which I believe I may already have shared. Suffice it to say for the record, the neurologist gave us both thumbs up for where we are right now and the way we are doing life. Immediately following the appointment, I attended the very lengthy memorial for my dear friend, which was so worth it. Kay was honored in a way that she would have loved … and yet, she would have hated it because it was so centered on her! She never liked being the center of attention and so, because she had been shocked at all the attention at her retirement party, she would have been overwhelmed by all the heartfelt words spoken over her.



On Monday evening, we watched this girl hit the ball and run for it! Great job, sweet Katie Kat.

I love watching this girl play.

Here she is with her Momma!

And not to be outdone, here we have Momma and Jack!

I like this sign posted at the fields.

On Tuesday, after Ladies of Grace, I did my grocery shopping and then that evening we had dinner out with our friends and the gathering at our house afterward. I am so thankful for this little group of friends who meet faithfully because it's so good for DH! 

Wednesday was a morning spent with the security people getting our system back online and then later waiting for the landscaper to come discuss shrubs which did not happen! Geez! Sometimes people are so undependable. I had Preschool on Wednesday night, so I cooked dinner and left after letting him know I was leaving. Still no response! Hmmmmm.

What a delicious dinner we had! 
Peppercorn steak, creamed kale and roasted potatoes!

Thursday I kept the children at Bible Study Fellowship and it was quite a group of three year olds … 14 of them, but my goodness, they were so good and for the most part no problems at all. Just good, sweet fun!

On Friday, we finally got in with the radiologist to hear about the procedure DH will have to repair the aneurysm and we have a date set for that. I won't go into details, but I am expecting a good outcome and praying for healing for him.

Immediately following the appointment, I had lunch with my buddies, Liz, Victoria and Cindy and we had such a wonderful visit. It had been way too long since we had gotten together and, as we always do on parting, agree we have to meet more often. And then, ta-da! I realized we had time to make it to the movie to see Unbroken: Path to Redemption about Louis Zamperini! So excited to see this movie and we really enjoyed it! What a great story of his life and what a transformed life! An immediate transformational work that only God can do!

Friday the rains began and mercy, what a lot of rain … over 10 inches. Our daughter and grandson were on a bus headed for a soccer tournament in Tulsa, and were in the rainstorms all the way there. So glad they made it safely and today it was clear in Tulsa for their game. My brother and sis-in-love went over to watch them play and I know Sara was delighted to have them come watch Brady play.



And last, but not least, here is a sweet little baby girl who is waiting at the door for her Daddy!





Yes, she's going to be one in October! Party smash up pics come early.
I can't wait to see her!


10 comments:

Linda said...

You had a busy week! 14 three year olds? Oh, my! You certainly have a heart for children! The pics pf your sweet baby girl were precious!
Mercy - that rain! Our den, kitchen and sewing room are wet and we are far from home! No one is able to go in and suck up the water with our shop vac so they turned the ac down and we are hoping for the best. We won’t be home until Thursday and more rain is in the forecast.
That carpet has been through so much and never molded - i have sucked up water more times than I can count and the carpet still looks great! I will never replace that carpet!
Saying a prayer now for you and your husband for his upcoming procedure.....

NanaDiana said...

My gosh---what a week. I am so glad you got good news from the neurologist...if he said you are doing well you can bet you are doing well....trust me!
14 three year olds sounds like a blast. That is one of my favorite ages-they are so much fun at that age.
That baby girl is just beautiful...a red head? I have a fondness for redheads! Hope you have a wonderful week and maybe one that is not so busy. xo Diana

Karen said...

I love seeing the adorable grandkids photos! 14 three year olds! Been there. My hat is off to you! I have been reading reviews about the Zamperini movie. So glad you got to see it.

Melanie said...

I do like that sign! I used to watch my younger brother play soft ball back in the day and the parents could be obnoxious! I always love to see photos of the kiddos! Have a blessed day.

Debby Ray said...

It certainly does sound like your week was packed. Glad to hear about the good doctor report and also pray the treatment for your hubby is a huge success. And oh my...that meal looks absolutely wonderful. I've never had creamed kale but I would probably like it! Have a good week!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She's adorable. I bet her party will be fun! Wow, that was one busy week you had. Love all the photos. I had five doctor's appointments last week.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

First things first! The grands are the cutest and that baby girl is so adorable. It's hard to believe she will be a year old.

You have indeed had a busy week, but it sounds like an enjoyable one. So glad DH had a good report and we will be praying about the surgery. We never take that lightly even when the prognosis is good.

I am hoping to get some blogging done this week while in Indiana but who knows. It was good to catch up with you this cool, rainy afternoon. We have heard that Shreveport has had a lot of rain since we left too, but I don't think near the 10 inches you had.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a lot going on...praying for your DH upcoming surgery, etc. We know that God is already at work and that all will be well. My sympathies to you on the passing of your good friend. It is so hard to say goodbye, but for believers we know it is not forever. That is such a joy and blessing to know. Love that you enjoy seeing your grandchildren play ball and all the other fun stuff. You are truly blessed.
Your lady friends and you had a great time...that is also a great blessing. Sorry about all the rain at once...that is a lot, but also I know you are thankful it wasn't like what the people in NC and SC have been dealing with. Flooding is definitely not a good thing. Praying your week will continue to be a blessing.

Terri D said...

Oh my, and I thought we were busy!! Those children are beautiful!!

Chatty Crone said...

I have been busy , but not with the fun things (mostly) you have been doing. I didn't realize what all you had to go through to have that repaired - you will let us know so we can pray for your DH. I saw that movie this weekend - IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey did you send us that torrential rain today? Lovely family and beautiful baby girl. Love, sandie