On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekend Recap

Last Thursday and Friday I was so sick, it was beginning to seem as though I would not be able to keep my promise to have Kate and Jack over on Saturday and Sunday. Thank the Lord for His care of me and that I was well enough by Friday evening to form a plan to keep them busy without me having to expend too much energy!!!

When we picked them up at 8:00 a.m., I gave them the option of breakfast at the Original Pancake House or to go home and me fix breakfast. "Go home, go home - your pancakes are the best!!!" So, home we went and the pancakes and bacon went pretty quickly. I think next time I will have to double the recipe! After breakfast, Jack wanted me to play Air Hockey with him. He loves to win, but I did beat him once or twice. 

Next choice I gave them was whether they would prefer a little extra cash or to go play at the Obstacle Warrior Course ( which is what I was hoping for). Hands down, the choice was a little Ninja fun, but to go play at the park first. No matter the weather, they love being outdoors and just can't seem to get enough playing in. My thought about the Ninja place was that it would be very crowded on Saturday, however, it wasn't and the young lady there told me many had cancelled birthday parties and staying away due to fear of flu. Oh dear. We played and washed our hands really good. Everybody had fun and everybody is fine. (And Mr. Jack, shrewd little guy, wanted to know if they could have the $20 , too!)

She probably jumped up and over this curved wall 15 times.
I lost count.

We came home for a bit to give Grandpa a rest before going to dinner at Chili's and then on to church. It was bring a friend weekend, so I knew it would be a lot of fun at kids' church and true, it was. However, the very best thing was that as soon as I picked up Jack, he told me he had asked Jesus into his heart. It made my heart swell, and he was so excited about it and telling me the story of hearts. He wanted me to tell his mother, so I texted her the news and we also called her so Jack could talk to her. Listening to him talk to her and then calling his Dad to tell him was a memory I will cherish. 

We had cookies and milk before bed and they played Air Hockey again.


Then early this morning, they lounged around before their Dad came to get them. So relaxed!!




When their Dad arrived, I made the check around the house to be sure they had everything they came with. 

Surprise surprise, Kate is growing up!!
She had gathered her things, packed her bag so neatly and made up her bed!

Haha! Guess who didn't!!!
Oh well, he's still just a little kid!


While Daddy drank coffee, Jack sat beside him and read the Book of Hearts he had received in Children's Church. My heart was filled with joy as I watched and listened to such a precious moment which I could not spoil by taking a picture. Paraphrasing the Apostle John's words: I have no greater joy than knowing my children walk in truth!

Since I had promised Grandpa we would go out for breakfast, we all loaded up and headed for Norma's Café before saying good-bye.

I really need to remember to take photos BEFORE we eat and not after! They were playing with wound up straw covers here.

The rest of the day was restful and easy going. Wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

So sorry you were sick, but I'm so glad you were able to have the kids over and to enjoy your time with them. What awesome news that Jack gave his heart the Lord. I can think of nothing better. What a wonderful weekend you had!!

Terri D said...

Glad your illness didn't last too long and sure hope you didn't relapse after such an eventful weekend! I just know those kiddos love spending time with you two! What fun!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is beautiful news on Jack taking Jesus into his heart.