Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1991)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Ms. Kitt sings that her lover is her favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing created by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)
This is an 8 x 10 print I received from an online Bible study that I do from time to time called SheReadsTruth.com. This is one of my favorite scriptures, so I framed it and set it directly across from where my favorite chair is.
2) She asks him to not change his hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?
Sometime in the next two weeks.
3) Ms. Kitt always wanted to be a performer and attended the New York School of Performing Arts (aka the "Fame" school). Think back to your high school self. In what ways would you be surprised by how your life turned out?
It would have surprised me that I would move to another state when I married and further to see that my first husband would pass at a young age and I would remarry again to someone with two young kids. It also would have surprised me to see that I worked for 45 years since I was expecting to work only until I married and then stay home with kids. That didn't happen. Many, many other surprises in life, too numerous to mention here. My life has been a wonderful life!
4) Ms. Kitt took over the role of Catwoman on TV's Batman. Name another Batman villain.
The Riddler, played by Frank Gorshin. (I had to look that up.)
5) Ms. Kitt enjoyed tremendous success performing in Parisian nightclubs. Have you ever been to Paris?
Yes. We visited Paris sometime around 2001.
At the Eiffel Tower
This is the last Saturday 9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.
6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for next Wednesday?
No. It will be one of the Hello Fresh selections delivered for that week.
7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?
This fun guy!
8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. What's the last greeting card you received?
I received a Thinking of You card this very day (Friday) from my sister.
9) Men buy and send more roses at Valentine's Day than women do. What's your favorite flower?
It's a toss up between roses and peonies.
Good times with my Valentine!