On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, April 23, 2021

It's Been a While ...

but that doesn’t mean I’m just been sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I’ve been a busy bee since moving in September.

I’ve been back to Texas three times, celebrated Thanksgiving in Kansas, Christmas has come and gone, I’ve recovered from two falls, a broken wrist, and other mishaps trying to deal with many details such as getting my new drivers license, getting the title changed to one of the cars, selling two cars, buying a new car. Lots of things to do when settling in a new place: doctors, pharmacy, dentist, dog groomer, hair stylist, etc. 

I found a wonderful church that is amazing. So amazing, in fact, that my brother and sister-in-law left their church of over 40 years to join with me. This may be the friendliest church I have ever been part of with ministries to just about everything and everyone you can think of. It’s been a very exciting time. I’ve been involved with Bible study fellowship, made new friends, found old friends, and have just simply enjoyed my life since I’ve been here. I’m still missing my DH, but I am surrounded with love from family and friends and, of course, Annie is happy to be wherever I am. Our neighborhood is populated with some very friendly folk, so we enjoy taking our walks almost every day. And I love my house! It is perfect for me!

I’ve had visitors from Texas and looking forward to more. I’ve seen fall colors, tons of snow, ice, now Spring, and more freezing weather. But I think things are just about to turn as we head into storm season. Just to catch up I’m going to post a few photos of some of the things that have happened over the past few months.                 



Annie's a happy camper

Sunset behind my house

Some of the fall colors from across the street

Seeing this girl again brought tears of joy

And these two!

Thanksgiving in Kansas

Christmas color in the dining room



The first snow


They are all quite brave to stand on those pools.
The really big freeze in Texas

Finally got the headstone for DH's grave




Spring brought a big surprise!

I love these and can't wait to fill in blank spots here with more color!

Got to go back home for Jack's 10th

I should have kept up, but way too many things to recount. Suffice it to say that, in spite of the difficulties in taking care of business during these "unprecedented times", life has been good. God has been faithful to keep me and bring me this far and so He ever will be.

8 comments:

Jan said...

It's so good to hear from you!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So WONDERFUL to see you back here, Connie! And my, how those kids are growing! I am so glad you have been able to stay in close touch with them and have even been able to be together for special days. That means so much to them as well as to you. And I love to hear how happy you are and how well you have adjusted to your new home and church, etc. God has certainly been good to you...what an answer to many prayers. I hope you will keep writing and staying in touch with us. We love hearing from you, and a lot of our friends aren't on Facebook much anymore. Blessings to you dear friend.

Linda said...

Connie! So nice to see you! I am confused, are you in Ok? or Kansas? I am so happy to see you back. smiles

Terri D said...

Connie, this post makes my heart so happy for you!! I was excited when your blog popped into my Feedly and I am thrilled that you are settled and are so happy there! Having a church family is so important and I am blessed by that as well. Love & hugs and don't be a stranger now!! xo

Joyce said...

I was happy to see you pop up in my reader. You sound like you're doing really well and I'm so glad you've settled in and are surrounded by friends and family.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing the ups and downs along with the fact that God is always good. The headstone is beautiful. I love all of your pictures. So sorry about your falls. Yes settling in has got to be a lot of work. Take care and God Bless.

Cathy said...

So wonderful to see and hear about all that's been happening. You are right, God is faithful and very good!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

It was so good to hear from you and know that you are doing so well. Transitioning from one home and location to another is definitely a challenge, but having to do it alone, I can't imagine. It was good to see the kids and how they have grown. I know when you come back here, you are busy but should you find an extra minute or two, I would love to see you.