On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday Medley

If you like meddling, Terri's Wednesday Medley is a great place for that! Today is National Lighthouse Day! You can get the questions here and enlighten us with your answers on Wednesday!


1. Let's start with a number! How many lighthouses have you visited? Two, as I recall on the East Coast, I think. We also saw some in Hawaii, but I don't know if I have any photos.

2. Have you been inside a lighthouse and did you walk to the top? I guess we have. Tada! I found one picture. Here is a pic of Jay at the door of a lighthouse in Hawaii.


3. Do you seek them out when you are traveling the coastlines or are you not that big a fan? Kind of, I like seeing them as we pass them, but I don’t remember seeking any out or going inside.

4. Do you have a favorite scripture or another reference to share with us concerning a guiding light in your life? Yes, a few come to mind and I can never settle on just one. 

“In him was life, and the life was the light of men. John‬ ‭1:4
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path … The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? … And Jesus said, I am the Light of the world, He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. Revelation 22:5 says, There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the LORD God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

5. If you don't collect lighthouses when you travel, is there something tangible that you tend to collect as a souvenir when you are on vacation or a road trip? I usually just try to pick up something for the kids, and maybe something to place somewhere in the house as a reminder. The bathroom downstairs has a lighthouse theme … the shower curtains, the picture on the wall, and a few small lighthouses.
Wastebasket, light switch, promise box, picture,
shower curtain and holders, and miscellaneous items

6. Please share something with us about your week. Speaking of lights, last Thursday, my friend Alice and I went shopping for new light fixtures for my kitchen and the breakfast area. What we found was beautiful and I will be so happy to see these after our buddy, Fred, gets them hung! It also inspires me to go back when he’s finished and buy new fixtures for the dining room and entryway!




14 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I especially love that verse from Revelation! Hope you have a good week.

NanaDiana said...

We have lots of lighthouses here, Connie-anytime you want to come and visit we can do the tour. lol
I used to collect lighthouses when we lived on Lake Michigan..and had a lighthouse themed guest bedroom. I loved it.
Have a great day- xo Diana

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Yes, to all those scriptures! He truly is the Light of the world and we will rejoice in His light forever. Amen! I hope you will post pictures of all your light changes when they are done. I will be in your area this weekend, but every minute will be accounted for. Surely there will be time for a more lengthy visit one of these days when we can get together again.

annie said...

So exciting that you are putting up new light fixtures. Always wonderful to refresh your home like that I think.
I like your lighthouse theme in the bathroom idea.
We have 18 lighthouses in NJ. I live by the tallest one on Long Beach Island.
Hope wednesday is good to you :)

Mrs.T said...

I enjoyed all of your Scriptures! And I love the idea of a lighthouse themed bathroom. Ours is more of a coastal theme but I do love it.

Sylvia said...

I have seen light houses from a distance, but never been up close to one although I would love to. They are so pretty.

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining the Medley today, Connie! That's a cool picture of your hubby in the lighthouse doorway, in Hawaii. Great scripture choice! It is great how just a little change, like a light fixture, can change the whole look of a room. Please share the before and after with us!!

Lori said...

What a cool lighthouse! Thank-you for sharing it! Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

Nice answers. I hope you get all your lights fixed up.

Stacy said...

My souvenirs are like yours...mostly for the kids, grandkids, and anyone who's helping us out by watching the dog, bringing in the mail or whatever.

Chatty Crone said...

I have seen one lighthouse, but I did not climb it!
Lucky you - to get new updated light fixtures. I am a good jealous!
Love, sandie

Loris Glassworks said...

The lighthouse in the photo is my all time favorite! I posted the same lighthouse on my blog. The location is breathtaking and the Nene birds on the property were a bonus, they only live in the Hawaiian Islands. Didn't you just love Kauai...such a magical place! Hope you have a great week!
Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

Jodi said...

Its it fun to get excited about new items for the house!?!? Have a great week!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love lighthouses...we enjoyed them especially when we lived in Maine...so many interesting ones. We have them in Florida too, but not as many. I hope you will post some pictures of your new light fixtures for your house. That is fun to get something new. What a difference that can make.
Have a blessed and de-LIGHT-ful day/weekend.