On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday 9: The Perfect Fan






THE PERFECT FAN (1999)


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.



1) In this song, a son thanks his mother for helping him grow up strong and confident. Who is the last person you thanked? 

My brother and sister-in-law, our daughter and family, and several other family members. 

What did they do for you? My brother instigated a HUGE surprise for my 70th birthday! It was spectacular!!!


Oh yes, and the ladies who helped me out of a bit of a predicament yesterday in the ladies' room when I found myself locked in as a result of the lock jamming! So thankful for the clean floor, and ladies in the room providing a large plastic tablecloth for me to crawl out on. (The tablecloth and the photo were my idea, so I should also thank myself! Haha!) I thought it was funny. Had there been no one around to help, I may not have been laughing!


2) Who was the last person to thank you for something?

My friend Alice thanked me for taking her to our book club.

3) This is from the Backstreet Boys' album Millennium, recorded and released in 1999. Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when 1999 turned into 2000?

Not really! Maybe with friends wondering if Y2K was really going to be a big problem!! LOL! Or maybe asleep!

4) This song was written by Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell. Brian voiced himself on an episode of PBS' Arthur. Arthur has been described as an "animated anthropomorphic aardvark" -- which can be difficult to say. Do you easily get tongue tied? 

Sometimes I find myself tongue-tied when I'm trying to express something to someone I'm a bit intimidated by!

5) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know? 

Oui, C'est la vie, amore, bonjour, merci, Au revoir, la table. Glad we had a tour guide when in France!

6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?

I sent out several thank you cards on Monday and Wednesday I mailed Mother's Day cards.

7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? 

My closet is big enough to shift everything around. I cover the winter clothes in plastic.

8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?" 

I am neat and keep the house picked up! When the kids come over, I let them clutter things, but as soon as they are gone, everything is put away. Our two oldest grandsons are extremely neat! And when our daughter and family come to visit, they leave the house neater than it was when they arrived.

We never left dirty dishes in the sink when I was growing up. One exception: one night my girlfriend and I came home late and decided to fix breakfast for ourselves. We left the dishes in the sink. The next morning my Dad woke me up at 5 am to come clean up my mess so Mother could fix his breakfast. I wasn't that happy about that, but I really appreciate that he respected my Mother so much that he would have me take care of my own mess.

9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite: Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?

Dark chocolate with almonds would be my choice!


My sweet Mom!


8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, that bathroom photo! I bet that's an event you'll always remember! (Good for you being able to see the humor.)

Bev Sykes said...

Congratulations on 70 The party looked like fun. As for the bathroom experience, I salute you for making sure there was a photo. That's the sort of thing I would do.

CountryDew said...

I'm glad you were able to get out of the bathroom! That's a great photo.

Terri D said...

The tablecloth is a brilliant solution! Happy 70!! I enjoyed your Saturday 9 answers!!

Lori said...

Your birthday party sounds great! Happy birthday. I am so glad your friends were there to help you with the bathroom situation. I have been afraid that would happen to me before.
Oh dark chocolate with almonds sounds great too! I would not turn down any kind of chocolate. Hee, hee. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

Your little "adventure" in the bathroom is too funny. I'm glad you had a sense of humor about it and even gladder you thought to have a picture taken. :)
I think you are the first to say you are neat. Good for you! I wish I was.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am so happy you had such a wonderful 70th birthday surprise!! What a blessing!! And you are still so agile at your 'great age' to be able to crawl out from under the toilet stall door! That was so hilarious!! I'm so glad you had friends to help you and to laugh along with you while taking your picture. That is a memorable occasion, so I'm glad you have a picture to remember it by! LOL. I do hope you will have a blessed day tomorrow. ...oh, and I prefer dark chocolate, but I really don't eat much chocolate. It tends to make me feel a little sick to my tummy, so I can't really enjoy it. Boo Hoo. I do love it, but it doesn't love me. Good night, and have a happy Mother's Day. You are a very blessed "mother" and grandmother. God has done marvelous things for you...!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! Love, sandie