On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday 9 and Top of the Mornin’ to Ye



Molly Malone

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.




Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!





1) Are you of Irish descent?

Aye, I have just a wee bit of Irish mixed with me British background.


2) Legend has it that the heroine of this week's Irish ballad was a real lass. 17th century birth and burial records confirm that a woman with that name lived in Dublin. Can you think of another song about a real historic figure?

The first one that came to mind was not a person, but was a real historic figure - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot. 

3) Molly sold fish from a cart that she wheeled through the streets. What's the last seafood you ate?

Grilled whitefish on the lighter side at Cheddar’s.

4) The lyrics tell us that, after her death, her ghost continues to wander the streets of Dublin with her wheel barrow. Do you believe in ghosts? No.

5) This week's featured band, The Dubliners, are obviously from Dublin. They were introduced to American audiences on The Ed Sullivan Show. Today, Stephen Colbert tapes his show in The Ed Sullivan Theater. Who hosted the last talk show you watched?
I don’t watch any talk shows. 

6) Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick's Day dish. Is it a favorite of yours? No, I tried it once.

7) According to Irish legend, leprechauns earned the gold in the pot they guard by repairing shoes. Crazy Sam can't remember the last time she got a pair of shoes repaired. When the heels wear away, she discards the shoes and buys new ones. What about you? Do you get your shoes fixed (either by leprechauns or just by ordinary repairmen)?
A few years ago I had a black pair of Clark’s that were especially comfortable, so much that I bought a brown pair just like them. The black pair wore down, but the shoe still looked so nice that I had the heel fixed. That may be the only time in the last 45 years I have had a pair repaired. 


I always loved the story about the shoemaker and the little elves. 


Photo Credit

8) Do you look good in green, the signature color of St. Patrick's Day?
It depends on the shade of green, more like forest green or Kelly green.

9) Random question: Did you more recently sneeze or cough?

I have been sneezing like crazy. I’m wondering if I am allergic to our dog. 😢 and I never sneeze just once. And I am a very loud, put your whole body into it and blow down the house kind of sneezer!


9 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (And psst! Next time you play, you might want to update what you enter into Mr. Linky. This week, it sent me to a Foto Friday post from December.)

Jodi said...

I've had some sneeze attacks like that... they hurt! Have a great Saturday!

Lori said...

Oh look at those little elves! So cute!
I hope you are not allergic to your dog! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Chatty Crone said...

Okay we have a lot of the same answers. Some different.

I have a wee bit of Irish in me too.
I don't believe in Ghosts.
I don't care for fish too much tho.
I don't watch talk shows.
I do love corn beef and cabbage.
I sneeze all the time.

HAPPY ST. Patrick's Day tomorrow.
Love, sandie

Terri D said...

Oh gosh, I hope you aren't allergic to your dog!! The pollen is thick here in Florida so perhaps it is just pollen where you are. I enjoyed your Saturday 9 answers!!

Stacy said...

Giggling that you wrote your answer to #1 with an accent, too.
I've always liked The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
Giggling, too, about your sneezes. We had a neighbor who sneezed like that. We could hear him in the house with the windows shut and the TV on!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That Gordon Lightfoot song one of my favorite one, from anywhere.
I can wear only the dark greens, too. It has to be the Irish. lol
Spring is coming and oh boy, we are all sneezing in fits, aren't we?
Have a great weekend, Nonnie.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Ha ha...your sneezes sound like mine. Hope you get over whatever it is making you sneeze!! We had corned beef for supper tonight, but no cabbage. I made us a modified reuben sandwich (no sauerkraut). They were good. We are part Irish...Scotch Irish and German mostly...both hubby and I...so we usually wear green on St. paddy's day, but that's about it...don't like to get pinched. Enjoyed your answers. Have a blessed day tomorrow.

Annie said...

Happy St Patrick's Day! Not a fan of corned beef either. Edmund Fitzgerald crossed my mind too for an answer.