On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, March 18, 2019

Bad News, Good News and Blessings

Well, the bad news last week when I took DH to the dentist for teeth cleaning, was that his pulse rate and blood pressure were extreme! They were hesitant to complete the work, but after getting the cardiologist on the phone and the dentist keeping constant check as they did their work, the numbers went back to normal. Although we attributed the high numbers to anxiety and exerting himself walking from the car to the office, I decided I better get him in with the cardiologist.

On Monday morning, we already had an appointment with his neurologist so the cardiologist worked him in first thing this morning in time for us to make it over to the neurologist's office. (Good news.) I am sooooooo thankful they scheduled him prior to the neurologist because an ECG revealed he was in Afib, (Bad news) which is not good and which we had suspected last week. 

And I am giving thanks that we met the cardiologist prior to the neurologist as she has been wanting to put DH on a new medication which DOES NOT work with meds for Afib! Yay! High Five! We dodged the bullet on that one!



The cardiologist will be scheduling him for a test to make sure no blood clots are present and then will be doing the electroshock treatment for the Afib. (Well, that's bad news/good news as nobody wants to have to do that and yet, you certainly don't want to be in Afib. 

So this morning singing praises to our Father for the blessings and the timing of all these events and trusting the Afib will be taken care of very soon.

In between appointments, we stopped for a quick breakfast and there would be no Mickey D EggMcMuffin and no biscuits and gravy (bad news) as we were warned again about the salt intake! Here is a photo of our lovely breakfast (good news)!


All this fruit and a blueberry muffin! 
A great way to kill time between appointments! 

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
Psalm 103:1-2 NLT
And, OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! How could I forget the good news from the neurologist????? In testing him this morning, she said his memory skills have actually improved from last year and that, my friends, is a very rare thing to happen, according to the expert neurologist!! Now that is what I call a huge piece of really good news!! It brings tears to my eyes!



6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

God has been watching out for him and you. He did dodge a lot of bullets from what I read and his memory better is a miracle. I prasie the Lord.

That breakfast looked delicious!

Sandie

NanaDiana said...

Well, I think that is more good news that bad news this time! LOL I can't believe his memory improved. That NEVER happens (or rarely happens). God is good and certainly keeping watch over you -even down to timing the appointments in the right order.

Have a good week and keep us posted! xo Diana

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, that is all amazing news. So thankful the afib was caught in time and that they will be able to treat it with meds...and amazing that his memory is actually better! What a blessing that is!! Your breakfast looks amazing. I would LOVE that kind of breakfast!! I don't know where to get it around here...I guess I'd have to make my own... Anyway, loved this post. I think the good news outweighs the bad, praise God!

Terri D said...

God is good all the time!! A-fib is no fun. Joe and I both take meds for it. I always know when my heart gets wonky but Joe doesn't feel his. Sorry about the electro-shock for your DH. Joe has been there too. Prayers lifted!! Love & hugs!

photowannabe said...

Wonderful news...God is so good.
that breakfast looks wonderful.
Continued good news.....
Sue of photowannabe
I am here from Wanda's blog "Got a Minute or Two"
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They have me on prescriptions for my A-Fib so it has been controlled. I have wondered about the procedure DH is going to have. I have read about it and it sounds interesting. Yep, that's a perfect breakfast. Love the good news from the neurologist! Take care and God Bless.