On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Throwback Thursday

So, I woke up this morning to this!


Just got a good feeling and was reminded of a song from my teen years.


It's a beautiful mornin',
I think I'll go outside a while
And just smile!

And so I did ... smile. Oh, the carefree days of spring and summer. Driving around with windows down through the park, waving at friends, stopping to visit. And Friday and Saturday nights up and down the main drag, stopping for cokes and burgers. The good old days, right? I've had many good days in my life, so I will with great fondness recall the memories from the past, but enjoy the good old days I experience these days.

"Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
For it is not wise to ask such questions."
Ecclesiastes 7:10

And this is a real throwback. 
This plaid metal lunchbox was at an estate sale last week.
It even has the thermos inside.
My first lunchbox in first grade which I carried for several years.
Grape jelly sandwiches on white Wonder bread,
a side of Fritos, 
a fried pie or Hostess cupcake
and chocolate milk!!
It's now over my kitchen cabinets with some other old things from the "good old days!" 




5 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, My girls had lunch boxes when they were young. They did not always like the school lunches. I love your plaid lunch box. Blessings to you. xoxo, Susie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I love your lunch box!! That plaid design is a real classic!! And I already mentioned to you on facebook earlier today how much I love the Rascals "A Beautiful Morning"...takes me right back to my high school days. Wow.

Terri D said...

That's a great lunch box! I never had a lunch box since I ate in the cafeteria and had the school lunches. We also lived just a block from school and could, with permission, walk home for lunch. I loved the cafeteria food back in the day and was blessed that we could afford them. I'm sure I remember that they were around 50¢ a day or $2.50 a week. Love that plaid lunch box, though! Most kids had Disney or a cartoon theme. Classy stuff there!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You're bringing back so many beautiful memories. I went Amazon and put this song on my phone. One of my favorites!

vaiybora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.