On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Leapin' Lizards Hodgepodge


1. Are you currently operating at 100% capacity?

I think it depends on the day of the week and what needs to be done. Monday was 100% capacity and great accomplishments. Tuesday, we will see.

If not, what % are you? All in all, I think I may be on average operating at 90%. What's keeping you there? Ouch. Fear? Laziness?

2. Have you done your taxes? Taxes are ready for the tax man next week.

Planned/booked a summer holiday? No.

Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? I continue to think on it.

Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around. Getting the carpets cleaned. One of my goals this year was to have new carpet installed upstairs. Thinking of all the work involved with that causes me to continue my procrastination. 

3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?

Although Tex-Mex, barbecue and chicken fried steak are probably at the top of the list of favorites, for me, it would be chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy with green beans on the side and some fluffy biscuits. Although I must say, my other favorite food would be pinto beans with cornbread, fried potatoes and fresh tomatoes! Yummy! I really enjoy food!

4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.

Oh dear, I have to say look before you leap, a leap of faith, and leap at the opportunity have fit me recently. For months I have been pondering and praying about making decisions to replace one or both cars. As it came about, when we took our car in for service, I asked to look at new cars and, before you know it, we bought one!


Now for me that was a leap of faith because the decision had been left to me. In the past, DH always made those decisions (with a little of my input). And finally, because of the way the deal was presented to me, it was seen as an opportunity I probably shouldn't pass up. I did consult with a couple of other people, however, now ... I find myself hoping I did the right thing.

5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.


That fabulous moon at the beginning of February
An Eastern Bluebird on our back patio
Seeing the movie Wonder
And also The Greatest Showman
Receiving my blog books for last year and looking through them



6. Insert your own random thought here.

Hearing the good report on DH's CT scan was probably the most fabulous thing that I experienced in February. 

It was wonderful seeing all the tributes in the news regarding Billy Graham and seeing him honored by so many different people and their special memories of him and his legacy. I loved Billy Graham because he kept the main thing the main thing. In 2002, I was so excited that he would be coming to Dallas and I entered into the training to be a counselor at the crusade. However, it turned out that our daughter and her fiancé set that weekend for their wedding so I didn't get to be a part of the crusade.



12 comments:

Cathy said...

We need some new flooring too and keep putting it off. It’s just overwhelming to me as to what it takes to get it done. Hopefully this year we will get it accomplished.

Dianna said...

I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers, Connie. I'm so glad that your husband had a good report from his CT scan.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

So happy to hear about you DH's good report! I enjoyed seeing all the tributes to the wonderful Billy Graham. Have a great week.

Joyce said...

I’m sure you’ll enjoy that new car. Good for you making the decision. I loathe car shopping. So glad your hubs got a good report! Happy Wednesday!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

The burden of having the responsibility of making all the decisions at this point in your marriage has to be a heavy one. But your attitude is amazing. Enjoy that pretty little blue car in the mean time.

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for bravely stepping up to the plate and making a major financial decision (car). I know how hard it is to do that!

I love your answers here and I am glad hubby had a good report after the CT scan. xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

You have got so many things going! And I do think you are on the ball at 100$ Taxes are ready! I too just LOVED Billy Graham. I also saw the movie Showman. It was good. Have a great day! sandie

Carla from The River said...

I agree, car shopping is hard. Good job with being brave.
I am happy your husband had a good report.
Wishing you a Happy March!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Praise the Lord for good test results!
It sounds like February was a good month for you.
If you don't mind me asking, where do you have your blog made into a book? I've been thinking of doing that.
I hope purchasing your new car turns out to be a good leap :)
Kathy (Reflections)

Terri D said...

Great news on the CT scan results! Praise God. Also good news on the new car! I loved your spring cleaning answer! Me too. Thinking about it. Hugs!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wonderful news on the CT scan. Love that you do the blog books. I would like to know more about that...can you give me a link to that? Is it expensive to do? Do you have any input into how it is put together? I would love to do that if I can afford it. Please let me know. Maybe I should send you a private message on FB. Flooring changes...I would LOVE to get rid of all carpet in our house, LR and Bedrooms. We already did the dining room over. I know it would be a major overhaul, and again the expense is a factor. But everytime someone spills something on the carpet I declare I will get rid of it!! I hope you enjoy your new car and that it will be a positive thing for the life of the car! Have a blessed and beautiful day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is easy to become lazy. I accomplished more in my house when I was working than what I get done be retired. Congratulations on the new car. I love watching the moon. I recently bought Wonder to bring to my dad to watch in Florida.