On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Time's a'Comin!!

Can't let the week pass by without saying how much I love the special ornament I received from these sweet boys last week. Their mom said they both had a hand in designing it and she also told me they are giving their input to my Christmas gift. She is teaching these two well and someday their wives will think they are superstars ... which, of course, I already do ... and they will thank Sara for that! They never fail to write thank you notes for everything they receive. 

Brady and Noah
Looking forward to seeing them this Christmas.


The ornament is a little memorial to our dog,
Trudy who passed earlier this year.

Unbeknownst to us, Jack was working up a case of the flu when they were with us last weekend. Very thankful that neither of us caught it, however, Kate was next and then their Mom. This pic is of Jack in the doctor's office with a little visitor outside the window. While he doesn't look very sick to me, they both missed school last week and the Christmas parties for their classes. So Mom fixed up a little party for them at home with hot chocolate and cookies while making gingerbread houses out of graham crackers.

(I think I see some of the decorations on her teeth!!!)



And last, but not least, no matter from what angle, great-niece Tenley is simply adorable. Someday I hope to see and hold this baby before she is walking.

Snug as a bug!


What a happy girl.

And I am in the process of making molasses cookies for our ladies brunch tomorrow.



This is a busy week and later today we will be going to see the Star Wars, the Last Jedi movie. I hope I can stay awake. Star Wars has never been my choice of a movie and while I did avoid the majority of them, this is a gift to DH. He very happily goes with me to see the movies I choose. Last week we saw Darkest Hour which was good, but I have seen other Churchill movies which I thought were comparable. The week before we saw The Man who Invented Christmas. This time of year, at least there are a few decent movies. The rest of the year we just stay away for the most part.


Are you ready?

8 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, You have a good family. Aren't we blessed. When we can witness the good being taught to our grands and on and on. Oh that baby girl, you better sniff on her, she is getting older. I sniffed on Leo, he still had that brand new smell. LOL. Luke's is wearing off, but my love for all of them is growing and growing. Wishing all of you a blessed time, as Christmas is around the corner. xoxo, Susie

Karen said...

All of your photos are great and that little Tenley has a smile that is really adorable. Enjoy your ladies' luncheon and have a fun week.

Terri D said...

Adorable children! I hope you get to hold that dear baby soon! Your cookies look delicious! Blessings all

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness the kids are so cute. The babe is adorable. And how nice they made you and ornament - even though they ate some too!

NanaDiana said...

Those kids are so cute but I am sorry the two were sick and missed school and their school parties. That baby is just DARLING--she looks happy and healthy!

Those cookies look good and to answer your question--I am ALMOST ready! xo Diana

Pamela M. Steiner said...

LOVE your post...the ornament from the boys is so sweet. They are really good kids! And I love the cardinal at the window...I've had birdie visitor to my window this week too (I posted pics on Facebook last night). Maybe they want to come inside and enjoy Christmas with us. Sorry the kids were sick, but it looks like they enjoyed being home and making things. Your molasses cookies look great. Are they the soft kind? I love molasses cookies. Maybe you could share your recipe? That baby girl is just adorable. I would definitely want to see her too before she starts walking! She is so cuddly and cute now! Do they live far away? Enjoy your movies. We never go...I'd love, but hubby just isn't interested... Well, yes, Christmas is coming, and no, I'm not ready. Going shopping today...that should explain everything...Merry Christmas!!

Jill said...

Such precious pictures, I hope everyone is feeling better now! Love the memorial ornament... very precious! My girls want to see the Greatest Showman when it releases so we may try to do that. Such a busy time and so much to do! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry the kids were sick and glad you didn't get it. Looks like it was a fun time. Love the photo with the Cardinal. I love the ornament. Tenley is adorable!