On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Christmas Carol Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge Fun!


1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?

A Change of Command

2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? 

Melting butter or heating occasional leftovers

Could you get along without a microwave? Probably.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?


Silent Night. How wonderful it would be to kneel by the manger where Jesus lay with Mary watching over Him tenderly as the glory streamed from heaven and experience the peace that glorious night. To see the shepherds there still in awe of the angels they had seen in the sky announcing a Savior had been born and for peace on earth, good will to men. His birth, the dawn of redeeming grace. Those are the thoughts from the song, but I wonder what it was really like that night for Mary and Joseph. 


I know it didn't quite look like this that night, but this is what it looks like in one of my little corners. 

4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken. 

Through Switzerland and up to the Matterhorn ... I think. 

5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)

I really don't have a list. I have everything I need. If I did have a list, it would be for a nice camera and someone to teach me how to use it. 


Figuratively speaking, it would just blow me away to wake up Christmas morning and see the news headlines containing statements that haters had come to have a change of heart. They decided let's all work together and bring the word "united" back to our states again here in America. 


6. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm kinda blah today. But I've taken some really pretty drives through some great scenery in Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, the Rocky Mountains, Canada, New England, Italy, Hawaii and Israel. I enjoy driving through our neighborhood right now and seeing the Fall colors. So much beauty in God's creation. 

We attended a little concert at Kate's school this evening to see her sing with the chorus. It was so sweet to hear them sing Christmas carols and not just secular songs, but Silent Night and a Jewish song as well. They sang the verse of Silent Night and then did the song in sign language. 

Kate, front row, second from the right





I don't need anything for Christmas. My cup overflows!


12 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Great family shots! Have a wonderful week.

NanaDiana said...

What GREAT family pictures. I love to see family photos at Christmas programs.
I, too, have everything I need-we are blessed. xo Diana

Cathy said...

I love driving on all the back roads in our area and wherever we are vacation. There are so many beautiful spots all over our country.

Carla from The River said...

I am with you regarding waking up to the news to be just as you shared. Praying!!
I am happy the concert was filled with a mix of songs.
Happy Christmas,
Carla

Aloha Acres said...

Oh, that wish for Christmas morning and nasty people to have a change of heart! Wouldn't that be a Christmas miracle!?

Beautiful family!

Susie said...

Nonnie, Beautiful family photos. So nice to hear a children choir. Praying for all who are in great need of prayer..Like our leaders and all the rest of us. :) Blessings to you sweet lady, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Sweet family there!
I could live without a microwave if I had to.
Sweet you have most all what you want - me too.
I would like a camera too if I had to pick something. But your are right you do need to learn how to use it - a photography class would be a good gift too! Love, sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love Silent Night. I love your nativity. I collect them. Your ride sounds lovely. I had forgotten to put down that we drove from Paris to Italy which was so beautiful. That would be one wonderful Christmas morning if the haters would have a change of heart! Sweet photos. Glad you enjoyed the concert. I'm happy to hear that they sang regular/traditional songs. We have had an issue with trying new churches at Christmas and them playing songs I've never heard before.

Terri D said...

I sure enjoyed reading your answers and the pictures you shared. I'm cruising through quickly tonight. Hugs.

Cranberry Morning said...

Sweet family photos! How fun to attend the Christmas concert. I love hearing the sweet young voices. Visiting Israel and Switzerland sounds pretty nice to me.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a beautiful family! Love your little nativity corner. I agree with you about Silent Night...would love to have been there and to have heard the angels singing, the cattle lowing, and the sweet baby Jesus making his first cry...cries of love for all of us...Praise God!!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

There is no better medicine for the blahs than to spend time with grandchildren. And those two are adorable.