On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Saturday 9: Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!









Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Chattanooga is Tennessee's fourth largest city. Have you ever visited Tennessee? Yes. If so, where did you go and what did you see?

We went to the Smoky Mountain National Park and then to Gatlinburg where my husband had a stroke, and said trip was interrupted when he had to be care-flighted to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. I remember the park was beautiful and the hospital was nice, but I was glad when it was time to come home.

Since Glenn Miller's recording of "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" was awarded the first-ever gold record, we're going to devote the next questions to your firsts.

2) What was the first award or accolade you ever won?
It's a toss up between sports, spelling or penmanship in grade school. I don't remember.
3) We know about your blog. But which was the first social media site that you posted to? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, MySpace ...) classmates.com, then Facebook.

4) Where did you go on your first plane ride?
A trip from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Orlando, Florida at age 19. The insurance company I worked for bought a company in Florida and my boss chose me and another girl to accompany him on the company plane to do an auditing of the company. It was quite the heady experience for this 19 year old girl. We got to do a little sight seeing and went to Silver Springs ... Disney World was only a vision at that time.

5) Tell us about your first cell phone.
My husband bought the big old clunky things back in the 90's. I argued with him that we did not need to waste our money on such foolishness! Lol! That is so funny when I think about it. I never dreamt I would become so dependent upon a phone.

6) Tell us about your first tattoo: Where is it on your body? No tattoos. I do have permanent eyeliner. Some people think that is considered a tattoo.
Where did you have it done? What does it depict?

7) How old were you when you had your first piercing?
My ears were pierced by a doctor when I was 21 years old. Pierced ears were not acceptable in our house, so it was after I was married that I had it done. I enjoyed them for a few years, but I rarely wear earrings anymore. I'm just not one to accessorize.

8) What had you been drinking the first time you suffered a hangover?
I wish I could say I never experienced that. Cherry vodka. So gross. No fun. My drinking is limited to water and coffee or maybe an occasional glass of wine if dining in an Italian restaurant.

9) Was your first ticket for parking or was it a moving violation?
All my tickets have been for moving violations. I have had many speeding tickets over the course of my driving years and have many stories of encounters with police officers. Most every one was kind to me and most just gave me a warning. Others gave me the ticket I deserved. 



After a lot of tickets, high insurance rates, and defensive driving classes, I finally learned my lesson and am thankful that cars these days have cruise control which I use on a regular basis.







8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

My mom ended up in a hospital while on vacation. Sudden illnesses and attacks are scary no matter what, but I think that being away from home just heightens the anxiety.

That first business trip must have felt so glamorous!

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Love that ender. These were fun questions and fun to read about you. My 'first' was always my spelling and I won most of the spelling bees when I was a kid.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Connie. xo Diana

Stacy said...

It is amazing (and kind of depressing) how much cell phones have changed our culture. When I met my husband in the early-mid 80s he was the only person I knew who had one and it was only for in the car and had a huge base/battery thingy in the trunk. My mom got one not long after that and it was a big thing that you had to lug around in a bag with a shoulder strap.

Bev Sykes said...

How do you like your eyeliner? I was tempted a few years back, but I don't like letting people near my eyes!

I am Harriet said...

Remember all of the spam-like emails Classmates use to send out? I almost forgot about them.

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, I forgot that I had a 96 Ford that had a built in phone!

CountryDew said...

I had forgotten about Classmates.com. I never really used it. Does it even still exist? Good that you have learned your lesson about driving! LOL.

Terri D said...

Heavy foot there!! Gosh, I did Classmates.com too, but I was on MySpace first. Sorry your Tennessee trip ended so badly. It really is a beautiful state.