On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summertime, Summertime, Sum Sum Summertime!

This past Thursday began with a Facetime call from Brady and Noah to tell me they received the cards and money I sent to them for memorizing Bible verses and for their scholastic accomplishments!! Honor rolls for both all year!

So proud of you!




Happy Dance for summer!

They were off to Vacation Bible School on Thursday.

I made this collage for the Father's Day slide presentation at church!
DH is indeed a proud grandpa of some remarkable kids!

Chilling at the Water Park



We had a fun day at the water park, pizza later, and then ...

Jack spent the night.

I'm wishing I had the red blood cells these kids do. I have to race, climb and play and I keep up as long as I can 'cause I "cain't say no." At least lifting them isn't as much an issue these days.

Sharing his chocolate milk with Smoky Bear.
Notice the Captain America donut :-)

At the Lake


Kate has learned to ski and on this day, she actually was able to put the skis on in the water for the first time without any assistance and got up to ski! 


She is doing great and it's very nice that we don't have to leave Mommy out in the lake by herself while Kate skis. That was never fun for me to wait alone waving off other boaters and any little other creatures that came around. It's worth it though to see them have success in these endeavors. 


I took a selfie of DH and me on the boat. You can see in all four lenses my arms holding up the phone. So funny. As DH and I sat on the back of the boat with life vests on trying to work up courage to make a big splash, Jack decided somebody needed to push us in. The little stinker took that upon himself to do! It did make it easier though, I must confess.

 Jack makes a big splash
showing off his flip

As I watch Jason maneuver the boat, he's teaching his kids, encouraging them, and patiently admonishing them, I think what an amazing job he is doing as Dad. He is such a good husband, dad, and all around terrific guy. His children have the same tenacity in their undertakings as their Dad. (And I believe their Mom as well.) But I remember so well how Jason spent the day in Cozumel trying to windsurf. He never gave up on anything that I can recall!


Two broken wrists later, 
maybe he should have given up jumping his bike over the ramp!

At our house

The doves have finally sent the babies out to fly. I watched as one flew up to my second story window, but wasn't able to get my camera going before he went back down. I hope I get another chance. It's so fun to watch them as they build the nest, sit on the eggs, watch and feed the babies after they've hatched out, and then send them off to fly. Every year the doves nest in the same spot under our deck and I always wonder about whether they are the same birds, or if the babies come back to start their own families. I like listening to them call to each other.

He's resting on the trailer waiting for a take-off.






9 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, You all took great photos and look so happy. I am so sorry about the broken bones. I remember when I learned to water ski, I was 13 and I loved it and never wanted to stop. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

shortybear said...

awesome times

Melanie said...

Happy summer photos!

Breathing In Grace said...

Great photos....summer has officially begun! Oh, how I wish I could share photos of our grandchildren. :( Maybe someday! I promise we do have 4 of them!

Terri D said...

It is so fun seeing the photos of the little ones having fun! Great selfie!! Let the summer begin!!

Theresa said...

Such fun! Sounds like your summer has started :) I love the picture with the chocolate Quik on the counter. I remember spooning it into a glass of milk and the strawberry one too. I wonder if they still make the powder.

Linda said...

What great photos and memories...have a beautiful day friend.

Karen said...

Memories and scripture verses the kids will always treasure!

Visits With Mary said...

It's great to see precious memories being made! Very good selfie of you and DH. My selfie's never look that good!