On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Foto Friends

We visited Hawaii many years ago and all my pics are in photo albums somewhere, so rather than share from my album today, this works for me for Friday Foto Friends! My nephew, Chase and his wife Julie, are finally getting a honeymoon after two years of marriage. I am sharing some of the pics from their trip. 




Looks as though they are having a fantastic time!

Meanwhile, back in our little world, yesterday was a wonderful day. We had visitors who lately came from South Korea and now will be residing again in the states. So happy to see them. They came to Texas to collect their car that had been shipped back to the states and then they came to visit us. Uncle Jay and Aunt Connie!!

 This is an older pic from last year. 
Our other nephew, Billy, with his family. 

Okay. she isn't crying because she was coming to see us. She was pretty happy here yesterday. I had put out toys, books, and a tea set for her to play with.

She went for the tea set first thing.

The fridge toys were fun

She loved this bear

and the rocking chair


the water bucket was especially appealing!!!

I taught her to water the plants, however, this is a heavy water bucket, so she watered the patio instead. She watered it real good!!! So good in fact, that Mommy said that's enough for now and no more watering. Uh-oh! 
Could anybody ever believe this sweet thing
could throw a little fit??? 

We went to Cheddar's for lunch, hung out at our house for a while, just visiting and enjoying their company.

Later, after seeing them off, our friends, Fred and Alice, came for burgers and beans. It was a pretty good meal and afterwards, Fred took it on himself to begin some clean-up in our backyard of the hydroponics and aquaponic gardening that has been sitting dormant for the past couple of years. So very thankful for these dear people. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord for friends who care about us.


Today, I am going to be joining many others in blessing an old friend who is turning the big 70 and will be off to China in August to visit her "China son". Kay's own son was on a mission there for two years and when Kay went to visit him, she and this young man Ben bonded and she was like a mom to him. The surprise party will also celebrate her 30th anniversary with the ministry of Hope for the Heart. I worked with Kay for ten years and learned a lot from her about being a servant and having a heart of humility. She is a great friend and so she will be very surprised today by the outpouring of love.

This is the little crew that worked together so well
for so many years with our dear boss, June.
Kay is on the left, then Jeanne, me and Judy.
We had some good, fun, crazy times there all those years.



7 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, I enjoyed all the pictures. Wow, who would not love a trip to Hawaii? Yes, I think event eh sweetest of angels get tired and can whine. LOL. I have been there myself. Your friends are wonderful. You look very pretty in the friends picture. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Linda said...

I have enjoyed your photos and that little one is so adorable!!! Thank you for the smiles and keeping your friend in prayer as she travels. Have a beautiful day friend.

Melanie said...

That sure is a big water bucket. I enjoyed your photos. What a wonderful place to have a honeymoon! I'm sure it was certainly worth the wait.

Jill said...

Love this post and she is so adorable!! Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Breathing In Grace said...

I'm sooooo sorry to be so late visiting....not sure where my time goes....or, my mind, 😊 Great pictures....well worth waiting to get to go to Hawaii! That precious little girl...yes, I can believe the fit throwing...we have an almost 3 year old and he's been known to throw a few...lol!! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Breathing In Grace said...

I'm sooooo sorry to be so late visiting....not sure where my time goes....or, my mind, 😊 Great pictures....well worth waiting to get to go to Hawaii! That precious little girl...yes, I can believe the fit throwing...we have an almost 3 year old and he's been known to throw a few...lol!! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Terri D said...

Love, love the photos!!