On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, December 18, 2015

It's that time of year

Where you're either feeling sappy sentimental, a little down, or just not caught up in the spirit of the season!

I have fluctuated between these feelings all week! And I'm too old for it to be "that time of the month" so it must be "that time of year"!

Today I'm baking a cheesecake and blueberry sauce for somebody very special. Jay's son, Jason! One of my many bonuses in my marriage to my DH.

Sara and Jason greeting Dad right after he came home from the fire station. 
I think he smelled like smoke!

This is how Jason was when I first married DH.
He always wanted to be with his Dad.
And he always had his thumb in his mouth until 
the day he broke his arm and could no longer reach his thumb!

Our little blended family.
So thankful for them.

We've had a lot of fun times together.
This one was memorable because it was so cold and most
of the time we were skiing through whiteout!
But it was Christmas and we had a great time. 

They grew up.

Jason followed in the footsteps of his
Dad and Grandpa's path.

He is one of the finest men I know.

And naturally, one of the finest men
would deserve one of the finest women! Right?



And, of course, two of the
greatest kids ever!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Jason!
We love you!



Here we are at dinner.
Looks like we are about to get run over by some cowboys!

7 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, I want to wish your handsome firefighter a very Happy Birthday. I love our everyday heroes, our police and firemen. Wishing you a fun day. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to your son. My two boys were my bonus, so I know from where you speak!! They are my boys now and I am also blessed. Love seeing the photos!

Wanda said...

Oh what a special family..... I so excited to meet them. I'm so thankful for our service men and our firefighter, and police officers all who give so much. We have several firemen in my husbands family.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm just not caught up but I'm getting there.....
Happy Birthday Jason. What a sweet family story you shared.

Laurie Collett said...

Praise God for family! Happy Birthday to Jason, and wishing all of you a very blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Wishing Jason a great birthday. Thank you for the birthday wishes to me today...and the compliment for my hair. It's not easy having Shirley Temple for a sister! LOL

Jill said...

Lovely pictures! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Blessings,
Jill