On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, July 15, 2013

From Around the House

A beautiful sunrise last week
 
Three turtledoves
 
 
My Miniature Schnauzer Trudy is one tough little trooper. She is 14 years old, still chases rabbits and barks wildly at squirrels she sees through the front door. Bless her heart, the last couple of weeks have been hard for her. Being so old, her joints are stiff, and one morning (I think she forgot to stretch) she fell down the stairs. :-( She limped a little, and also rested for a couple of days, but she didn't seem to be in pain. A couple of days later, I came running down the stairs, eyes straight ahead, and guess who was lying in front of the door at the foot of the stairs? Trudy! I never saw her and stepped right on her. Not even a whimper did she make ... she just stood up and shook. When I tried to make it up to her with a treat, as she backed up, the iRobot vacuum caught her back legs. Would you believe that today when she sees me coming, she gives me a wide berth?
 
Trudy keeping an eye on things
(and keeping away from me)
 I have been managing to keep plants alive in spite of the lack of rain.
 




 
The hibiscus doesn't look real





 

Today is day two of clouds, cooler temps,
scattered showers,
and I'm lovin' it!
 

 
 
In July? In Texas?

 Rain!!!!! Rain!!!!!! Please stay for a while.

10 comments:

Linda said...

I keep forgetting you are here in Texas and I always forget WHERE!! At least I know you are close enough to me since we have rain too. I cannot BELIEVE how healthy all your plants are!! You must water with an agenda! They all look wonderful!

Aloha Acres said...

Beautiful flowers. Looks like you are having a wonderful summer. Being from Mississippi, I was shocked to see 67 degrees in Texas. Enjoy!

Wanda said...

We have a dear friend in Athens TX, is that anyway close to you.

We had a hot weekend, and got a little sunburn on my arms as we watch a Water Polo game of our grandson, Elijah.

Your flowers are lovely.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous flowers, and congratulations on keeping them alive in our furnace of a state.

Trudy seems very forgiving, and she's in good shape for a 14 year old lady!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Trudy! She is a cutie! She looks petite in the photos. My Raider is on the large size for a miniature schnauzer at 20lbs but the vet said he isn't over weight.

And, yes, he is a barker!

Chatty Crone said...

Trudy is just so cute. Disco thinks so too. And I love your sunset there. Nice. sandie

NanaDiana said...

GREAT outdoor pictures. Your plants look great and I think Trudy is so cute- you would not know she was that old. Hope you have a good rest of the week- xo Diana

Sweet Tea said...

You never mentioned you had such a "Green thumb"! Your plants are beautiful. Poor Trudy has had a rough time of it - sometimes life just goes that way, even for the nicest of our furry friends. Thanks for sending a bit of your rain our way - we've enjoyed a nice rainy afternoon.

Melanie said...

Hope that you enjoy your rainy days and that you get the needed amount of rain! Your flowers look great! Poor little Trudy! She knows that it was an accident and she still loves you!!

Anonymous said...

Trudy is precious. Your plants are so pretty, especially the hibiscus. We are getting lots of rain here in GA. I hope your rain stays for a while. The cooler temps must feel awesome!