On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Wednesday Medley of National Parks



1. Is there a National Park near where you live? I guess the closest national park that I know of is Ouachita National Forest in Arkansas. We spent many years camping there. It is a beautiful area and many memories were made there over the years.
photo credit

Our old boat at Lake Ouachita
Waco, Texas has the Waco Monmouth National Monument, but I’m not sure that counts. 

2.  How many National Parks and which ones have you visited? Denali, Mesa Verde, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Great Smokey Mountains, Acadia National Park, Hudson River Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, Grand Teton, Ouachita National forest, Rocky Mountain National Park. 


Who knew our visit to Tennessee would find us spending the next three days at the stroke unit in the University of Tennessee in Knoxville? It was one of those times when I found myself experiencing so many emotions: the check in my spirit that said I needed to get upstairs to our room, fear as I was talking to DH and saw his face and voice change, knowing it was a stroke; immediately getting 911 on the phone and the paramedics helicoptering him to Knoxville. Me? Left at the hotel with all our stuff and thinking, Oh God! I'm all alone! But no! Immediately hearing Him say to me, "You are not alone, I am with you." He took care of all the details and everything turned out all right!

Glacier National Park
So gorgeous!

Is there one you would really like to visit? Yosemite, and after searching online for national parks, I saw many I would love to visit.
3.  The Park Rangers are protectors of the environment, of the wildlife, and visitors in the parks.  Is there someone (human) in your life who you count on as a protector or are you someone's protector? My DH has been my protector, but now it seems the roles have been reversed to a certain extent.
4.  Have you ever had an up-close-and-personal experience with a wild animal that you can tell us about? Does a snake count? I've had a few encounters with them. Not so personal as to touch one though!
5.  It is certainly an honor to show value to this profession by giving them a day of remembrance.  What is another profession that you like to see honored by a "day" of their own? Is there a day set aside to honor the spouses of people in service?
6.  On this last day of July, please tell us something about your week so far.

So far, fairly quiet. We had our Monday night friends over last night and we had such a good time, we laughed and laughed til I … never mind. This morning I had breakfast with RuthAnn; great conversation catching up and this Saturday she is going to come with me to visit the Messianic congregation I've been enjoying for the past few months. The last week was very full and I should have blogged to keep a record, but there just hasn’t been time. Kate came over for a few days and we had a really sweet time with her. She and I actually went shopping together and it was fun (she hasn't been a fan of shopping in the past). We picked up several things for her and she was so expressive in her thanks for the things I bought, I kinda felt embarrassed. We talked and went to the park a couple of times.
(Someday she may kill me for posting this!)

Kate used to stand behind this to pretend to give me ice cream or French Fries. 
Now she is kneeling … getting so tall.

Seems so long ago, we were like this!


It was a very enjoyable and relaxed visit. Sara and the boys called to tell all about their church camp experience, which was good and they were excited about it … the friends they made and fun they had. I was truly thankful to hear all about that. Thank You, Lord!!





Having fun at the water park today with friends.

I also had a meeting with one of the BSF leaders to learn more about my leadership role this fall. So many good things are happening in my life, I feel the Lord is bringing me to a new season … a much needed one because of other things happening, i.e. the kids growing up, transitions my friends’ are making, making new friends, etc. good stuff.

And last, but not least, here is our birthday girl from last week! She made and brought the dessert for us in these sweet little Pioneer Woman ramekins. Lemon/blueberry pudding cake, to which I added ice cream and warm blueberry sauce, and it was all delish!


I sure will hate to see this long time, precious friend move away early next year! :-(


9 comments:

Jodi said...

That photo of Glacier National Park is breath taking!! Love all your photos! Have a great Monday!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I think one of the biggest adjustments we have had to make has been the growing up of our grandchildren. Not that we don't want them to of course, but it does naturally bring changes in our relationship. They grow up and move on into their own interests and lives and we either accept and adjust or not. It's just the course of life and yes, change is inevitable at all stages. Some we like better than others. Right? It is wonderful how God is preparing and using you for new kinds of service at this point in your life. (I don't mean "old." LOL!) He must delight in your willingness to follow.

Chatty Crone said...

Goodness me you have a lot of fun photos there girl - it seems you are always busy and all those parks you have visited. I am jealous in a good way.
My hubs and I take care of each other now. I hear your roles have become reversed. I am sorry, but glad he has you. I do think caretakers should have an award - I remember taking care of Andy by day and my mom by night - it was extremely hard.

You are doing a great job!

Sandie

Debby Ray said...

Just as I was going to say "Oh, I see you was very close to me" when I saw the pic of you and your hubby by the TN/NC sign, I went on to read the rest about the stroke he had in Knoxville...I can only imagine the fear and feeling of being alone. But God would never have that, would He? Although it had to be a very scary moment for both of you, that's when we see our God work like no other time. What a blessing...and so glad that your DH is alright! Hugs!

Mevely317 said...

Oh, what a frightening situation in which you found yourself. (Tennessee, that is.) Praise God for 'being there'!
Great idea about honoring spouses of servicemen/women. I've not been in that situation..... but presume they've discovered a measure of inner peace to keep their worries at bay. Not sure I could do it.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Loved your post. That "stroke" vacation was certainly no picnic for you or your DH. So thankful you knew the Lord was with you and that everything turned out okay. But wow! I can imagine that was a difficult time. Love that you have enjoyed your sweet little Kate, who isn't so little anymore! She is so cute, and you are so blessed to have these special times with your grandchildren. Sounds like you have a busy fall coming up. I pray it will be all very meaningful and enjoyable for you. May God give you grace for each new situation you may face, and peace and joy.

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining the Medley today! I enjoyed your answers but most of all your last one with all the photos of sweet friends and cute grandkids. Full of love. xox

Loris Glassworks said...

Oh what a scary vacation interruption you and your DH experienced. I know God had you both in his hands, I hope all is well now. Your photos are are great!
Best Regards,
Lori in Blur Ridge, GA

Jill said...

These photos are lovely! But how scary to have him suffer from a stroke at that time. Must of been just terrifying for you. I hope he continues to improve and do well! Love the pictures of you and your grandkids! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill