On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Peachy Wednesday Medley 😊

For this week's fun medley, Terri has a wealth of information relating to each of the Wednesday questions. Make your way over to Your Friend from Florida to read up on some very interesting details and then share your answers with the other Meddlers!

 1.  Do you enjoy fresh peaches? 
 
I used to like the fresh peaches off the peach tree in our back yard, but don’t have a tree here and never buy fresh peaches these days. Not sure why they don’t appeal to me anymore. What is your favorite way to use them in a recipe? Peach cobbler would be the best of all. The above pic of peach ice cream looks wonderful!
2.  Have you ever gone the wrong way on a one-way street?  
Oh yes. I have also gone the wrong direction on the highway, thinking I was going south and really going north. I have also gone to the wrong house and just walked right in! And last, but not least, I made the arrangements many years ago for my boss to go to his speaking engagement in Houston, only to discover when he arrived and called me to let me know he was supposed to be in Austin! Oopsy!! On that day, the elderly Mr. Matthews, Sr. (my boss’ dad) walked by my office several times giving me the side glances as he chuckled, and making me feel even more embarrassed about my boo-boo. Thank goodness I had a very forgiving boss and that he was able to get in touch with someone else to speak for him that day!
What do you think about Mr. Corrigan's story?   True or False? 
I have no idea, but glad he had enough gas in his plane to make it. Something about that causes me to wonder about his story.


3.  Tell us about your life when you were 17. I was a senior in high school, looking forward to upcoming graduation, finding a job and being able to buy a car of my own, having a boyfriend; the usual desires of a 17 year old. 
4.  Do you use emojis when you text, email, or FB message? Yes. Do you have a favorite? I like the heart, the smile, and the laugh out loud.
5.  It has been asked many times, but do you have a tattoo? No.
Do you want to get a tattoo? No. However, my friend Liz, who has been in a wheelchair for the past 13 years and unable to speak above a whisper, has a tattoo on her wrist for the purpose of initiating communication with others to tell of her story! She has been a living testimony of her gratitude and love for her Heavenly Father. She is such an inspiration!
It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
Psalm 119.71
6.  Last, but not least, please tell us something about your week! 
Book Club last Friday was fun, and now we are reading Beneath the Scarlet Sky. Although I read it last year, I will re-read to refresh my mind on details for discussion.
On Sunday evening, we joined the Messianic congregation to watch the movie Exodus: Gods and Kings with Christian Bale. The Rabbi paused the movie several times for group discussions, questioning what we found right, what we found wrong about the movie. Lively discussions and my final conclusion was thank goodness we didn’t pay to see that one! So ridiculous the way Hollywood fails at telling the greatest miracle in the Old Testament of the Bible. I do not recommend the movie, although the special effects for the plagues were done amazingly well.
Monday evening, we met our friends to attend an event at The Hope Center in Plano. David Barton of Wallbuilders.com gave quite an extensive history lesson about the founding fathers of our nation and their dependence upon God and the truth of His Word in beginning the country. It was extremely interesting and David Barton, being an historian, has so much knowledge and the information was overwhelming! But the foresight of the authors of our Constitution, along with their knowledge and respect for God's Word really puts our “leaders” today to shame.
Other than that, just ordinary, routine things and this evening I will be having dinner with BSF group leaders, getting to know them and hopefully, glean tips on leading a group.
It's going to be a VERY HOT couple of weeks ahead of us! So thankful for AC!! I am always amazed that we survived hot weather in the past without AC!

I've shared it before, but this was our family after a trip to Branson, Missouri and Eureka Springs in 1958! Poor Mom and Dad! So good of them to take us on a little vacation in spite of the heat!
Turner Falls used to be a great place to cool off, but I hear negative things these days. So glad we got to enjoy back in the day.
Turner Falls, Oklahoma
Sara coming down the slide

Jason diving
Just chilling!

7 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I enjoyed your entire post, but #6 was especially interesting to me. Now I want to check out that movie!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

You have access to so many interesting activities there, and I'm so glad you and your sweetie are able to enjoy them. I would love to have heard the Rabbi's input on the movie. Let's face it - there is very little real about Hollywood's reality. Enjoyed your post and the pictures.

Mevely317 said...

That's so funny about the travel mix-up! I'm surprised he didn't realize the wrong destination while at the airport.

I'm intrigued about your friend's tattoo. So many stories, waiting to be told!

Terri D said...

Thanks for joining the Medley today!! I enjoyed your responses and agree with you about Mr. Corrigan's story! I loved what you said here: But the foresight of the authors of our Constitution, along with their knowledge and respect for God's Word really puts our “leaders” today to shame. AMEN! That's a funny story about sending your boss to Houston instead of Austin. Didn't he know where he was supposed to be? LOL

Lori said...

I am just hungry for peach cobbler now. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say I love peaches - of course I am from Georgia. No tattoos for me either. I have gone down the wrong way on a street! At night. Like emoji's too. Haven't heard from you in awhile - you okay?

Stacy said...

Your review of Exodus is the same as mine would be. It was a good "story" but no biblical accuracy to speak of. The special affects were amazing, though!