On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Post


Kids staying cool!

Jack came for a visit last week and we stayed busy most of the time. He is not one to sit around too much … always wanting to do something. So, we went to church the first night he was here. I was helping in preschool that night, and the snow cone truck was there for the kids before church. 

That face!
They had his favorite flavor … tiger blood!

The next couple of days, we went to see The Avengers End Game, played at the park a couple of times, took walks, went to the mall so he could get some Legos, put them together, played Air Hockey, and went swimming. I don't mind saying he wears me out and he was pretty disappointed at having to leave on Friday.


Some down time.


Such a sweet boy!

(He is a sweet boy, but you gotta wonder when he says something like, "Hey, Nonnie, if something ever happens to you, can I have Annie?" Hahaha!!! What a scream!

Yes, you need to hide after asking a question like that!! 

Meanwhile, down in South Central Texas, Brady and Noah are off to church camp! I am praying they have a super time, make new friends, and experience God's presence in a fresh way!

So blessed to have these precious boys in our life.

Last week, there was an informal gathering with the BSF group leaders. I am the newbie, and also am the "oldie." Interestingly enough, since all my friends have been moving away and others have graduated to Heaven, I have been saying I maybe need to make some younger friends. Well, there you go! They are a very nice group of ladies and I look forward to getting to know them better. 





9 comments:

Terri D said...

It is such a blessing to spend time with the grandkids! I remember being worn out by ours when they came to visit in the summer (usually for 2 weeks). Loved those times though as I know you do. Great photos!! May God bless the boys during their church camp week!

Mevely317 said...

Tiger Blood was always a favorite at my workplace each summer when they'd bring in the snow cone-mobile.

Gotta hand it to you, Connie. I've no idea what I could do to keep an adolescent entertained. Jack's sure a doll; love these pictures!

Aloha Acres said...

Oh what fun times you are having.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to find a BSF group here. It may be just what I need.

I have a new blog if you are interested: www.alohaacres.com

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a nice visit with Jack and I hope the boys enjoy church camp.

Wanda said...

Goodness Jack is growing up...very handsome! Yes, our grandkids range of 6 to 33 and we love them all. kids and adults and those in between. Grandma is the best Title in the World. Jill and our youngest, Tristan (6) will be coming from Oregon in a couple of weeks....can't wait. I haven't see Tristan in a year.

Susie said...

Nonnie, Your grandson are adorable. Yes, Jack sounds as if he would have you wore out at the end of the day. Such a cute fellow. I remember the legos and all the fun . Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Gotta love the uninhibited honesty of children. They are all so cute and there is no doubt that they love their Nonnie to the moon and back. You win the prize for most attentive and most involved Nonnie for sure. I feel sure those younger women are delighted to be able to spend time with you and draw on your wisdom and experience. You have so much to give.

Chatty Crone said...

All your grands are so cute. I know Jack had a good time with you. Who is Annie - I forgot. Our whole church is getting older and this year in particularly I have had a lot of friends graduate too. It is tough.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You are so blessed to have these sweet grandkids close enough to enjoy during the summer and throughout the year. I am sure they LOVE coming to your house. I can see that they get lots of good love and attention when they do come. And so wonderful for the boys that are at church camp. Praying it is a very meaningful time for them. I loved camp...and so did my boys. It is a wonderful ministry. Glad you will be meeting new people this year in your BSF groups...that will be a blessing to you and you to them. Enjoy!!