On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away

Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away (1985)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about separation. Who is the last person you said goodbye (or maybe just "so long") to?

Our friends, Kay and Wilson are moving next week and we went over on Wednesday to visit and tell them we love them and say good-bye! Their daughter promised they would come back for a visit, but Wilson and Kay are both in pretty fragile condition healthwise.
2) This week's featured artist, Paul Young, was a gifted athlete during his school days and briefly played professional football (aka soccer). Sam enjoys playing tennis, though her serve doesn't give Serena Williams anything to worry about. What's something you enjoy doing, even if you don't excel?
Playing my piano.
3) Mr. Young and his wife Stacy were married for 31 years, until her death in 2018. What do you think is the key to a happy marriage?
Trusting each other, accepting your roles, sharing your faith, laughing, good communication, never going to bed angry, forgiving.
4) Paul Young's performance of this hit song was one of the highlights of the July 1985 Live Aid Concert. This international benefit raised more than $100 million to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia. Tell us about a charity you support. 
Besides our church and others, one of our favorites is an orphanage in Nicaragua that is run by one of our former pastors and his wife, Bob and Barb. They have done so much with these children and the kids are excelling and winning awards in a variety of areas. 
Here is a link to their website: https://nicakellys.blogspot.com/
5) This song was written by Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. What's your favorite Hall and Oates song?
Kiss on my List from 1980  – That tells you how long it’s been since I’ve heard one of their songs.
6) In 1985, when this song was popular, the New Coke was unsuccessfully introduced. What's the last beverage you drank? Coffee

7) In 1985, the New York Stock Exchange had to close because of Hurricane Gloria. Has a hurricane shared your name? (Find a list of recent/upcoming storm names here.)

8) 1985 was the year that the Titanic wreckage was discovered. There have been at least 11 movies and TV shows about the fatal voyage. Have you seen any of them?

saw bits and pieces of the current one and the one with Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb. Robert Wagner was the young man in that one.

9) Random question: Would you rather own and run a coffee shop or a shoe store?
Maybe a coffee shop. 
Why? They are so popular now and I do love the smell of coffee. I guess owning a shoe store would be very lucrative because women seem to have so much of a thing about shoes.

9 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Will you look at Robert Wagner as a very YOUNG young man!

Jodi said...

I went down memory lane... and listened to several of Hall and Oates songs last night as I worked on my post! Have a great Saturday!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

We could open a shoe store together!!! How fun would that be. I enjoyed listening to several of the Hall/Oates songs while I was working on my post. So many great songs from the 80's.

Lori said...

Your charity is fantastic!
I would really have to work at my shoe store finding the right shoes. I am so picky about comfort. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I had no idea that Hall/Oates were the singers behind most their songs and I liked a whole lot of them. Guess I just never paid any attention to who the artist were. Happy weekend!

Toni said...

Hi Nonnie, I enjoyed your answers especially #s 3 & 4. I had seen Titanic with Stanwyck and Wagner. I have seen every one they made since the 40's. Have a blessed weekend.

CountryDew said...

I've never seen the older versions of Titanic, just the 1997 one. Robert Wagner was pretty good looking back in the day.

Stacy said...

Look at those precious kids...good on you for helping to fund that!

Terri D said...

I loved and still love Hall & Oates. My store would be shoes, or sure! I enjoyed your answers and that orphanage that your Bob & Barb run is a great choice to support.