On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Recap Events: Seder meal, Open House and Book Club

The past few days I have been focused totally on preparing to share a lesson with our Tuesday Morning Bible Study, Ladies of Grace. The past couple of years I have been asked to "teach" on Passover and Communion. Now it's over and I thoroughly enjoyed it and had good feedback. Here is a photo of the table I set for a visual aid so everyone could taste and experience in a small way the bitterness of slavery, the sweetness of freedom, and our communion with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It always blessed me to re-read the passages in the Bible about the Exodus, the Passover, and the Last Supper.






Afterward, we delivered the 100 gift bags to the nursing home we visited. It was also a blessing to see the joy on the residents' faces as we shared the goodie bags and prayed with them.

Last Thursday morning our BSF had a special pizza party after the lesson. It was another opportunity to get to know a few of the ladies from my discussion group a little better. The two on the left are  mother and daughter.


The facilitator of the group is standing in the center - she is truly a sweet lady, as they all are. This has been a good year as I transitioned into a new BSF closer to home and I'm really glad I made the move. It's wonderful making new friends and still seeing my old friends from the previous church.

After the fellowship, I received a text from Amy informing me that the kids had an open house that evening if we were interested. So, change of plans for us and we were glad to go. It turned out to be a good thing for Amy as she was caught up with something going on at her new job, and Jason was at the fire station. So we ended up being the grandparents visiting open house to see what the kids have been up to.

Jack wanted to be first and he was very eager to lead us on a scavenger hunt to look at different things in his classroom. 

He just couldn't find the favorite page,

but he did show his favorite book.


Who is sleepy, kind and good!
Who loves my hover board, iPad and dog.
Who feels kind, loved, and nice.
Who fears breaking a leg, arm, and my nose!

Kate's hand!

The Alamo Project was very good.

Sweet Kate!

The Thinker!

I liked this!
Do the math to learn her age, shoe size, birthdate, etc. 


Friday morning our book club had the first meeting. There were eight of us and oh my goodness, we had so much fun. So much insight into the book we read, News of the World, which I thoroughly enjoyed and would read again and also recommend. We discussed it, critiqued it, laughed, and everybody just clicked (or did we clique? We are certainly not excluding anyone who might want to join us)! I am looking forward to our future meetings. Now that I have finished my research and preparation for Passover and Communion, I am ready to begin reading Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand (she wrote Unbroken, which was a wonderful book, although it was difficult to read about all Louis Zamperini and the other POW's suffered in WWII.

We had torrential rains on Saturday with large and strangely shaped hail. The roofing people have already come by but I plan to wait. 






4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Terri D said...

How wonderful that everything came together perfectly! The kids are so cute and are proud of their projects! It's great that you two could be there with them!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

There are so many wonderful things and activities in this one blog post. Your life is so very full of good things that not only bless you but others with whom you interact. Yours is the good life for sure even with some bumps. I say again, how blessed your grandchildren are to have you in their life. Blessings to you during this Holy Week.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have definitely been busy. Looks like you did a wonderful job on the Seder meal. How wonderful to bring those gift bags to the nursing home. Wow a pizza party and then the the school with the scavenger hunt. Fun times!!!