On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, April 26, 2019

My Friday Fotos!

A Happy Sunshiny Friday!

Different wildflowers around this area.
We still have bluebonnets

This will most likely be the last year you see two little boys dancing together!!
Cooties, you know. Haha!
Jack is in the royal blue shirt.

Sweet second grade children performing songs for their families. Their music teacher seemed a gentle soul with his guitar, but judging from the way the children sang, he must have the gift of bringing out the best in those kids! They were most entertaining. Jack sang his heart out, as did all the others, except for those moments he was looking out at us and grinning, or when he jumped off the back row of the bleachers. 


The truck pulling the raft was our son who is with the swift water rescue team here and they were deployed to Abilene to help with rescue for floods and then to Waco for the same. It turned out to be precautionary in Abilene, but they rescued six people in Waco who were camped at an RV park by a creek that got out of control. We are so proud of them and glad they are now home safely. 


The last pic is of dear friends from the past 25 years who will be moving to South Dakota in the next few days. Wilson, a prince of a man, has been suffering with cancer resulting from agent orange while he served in Vietnam. He and his sweet wife, Kay, have been “ordered” to move by their children who want them nearby to care for them. Wilson and Kay aren’t eager to leave their home, but they are certainly blessed to have kids who care so much for them. We will surely miss them so much as we have spent time in each others' homes for Bible study, shared meals together, especially burger nights for years and the men's Wednesday breakfasts!

We had sooooo much rain this week and everything is totally saturated. Yesterday was one of those rare Texas days with 70 degrees, sunshine and NO WIND!!! I went to the nursery and bought a few things to get me started with spring planting. 


And the skies the other night after the rain were so pretty, with the clouds in the east almost, but not quite, hiding a full rainbow, which I could not capture due to the house next door and the trees! But we all stepped outside to enjoy it as it was so huge across the sky.



My photos are so amateurish, but still I cannot resist trying to capture the moments of beauty that God provides for us from day to day!

I did have to drive home in the storms on Tuesday night after Jack's program, praying all the way and this song running through my mind! These days it seems I'm either driving ahead of a storm or driving into one. Isn't that kind of like life? 

HE WILL PILOT ME
Although I cannot see the way, o'er life's tempestuous sea,
I know that Jesus is my friend, and that He'll pilot me
He'll pilot me from day to day,
When blinded eyes can't see the way.
Let come what may, On life's dark sea,

My Blessed Lord will pilot me – pilot me.

Dear Lord what e'er the storm may be, I'll simply trust in thee.
Relying on thy love so true, to safely pilot me.
He'll pilot me from day to day
When blinded eyes can't see the way.
Then come what may on life's dark sea
My Blessed Lord - will pilot me.





7 comments:

Karen said...

I really enjoyed reading your post today and seeing your colorful photos. Have a blessed weekend

Jan said...

I think our wildflowers are the prettiest I've seen! We still have bluebonnets here too and lots of the red paintbrushes. Your pictures are beautiful!

Visits With Mary said...

The bluebonnets are so abundant and beautiful this year. I always enjoy going to see our grands in their school programs, it's always a great time. All the stormy weather stayed west of us, we did get some high wind gust and a little rain. So thankful to know I have a Pilot who leads me through each day.

Chatty Crone said...

I know you enjoyed the grandson's play. Loved the rainbows. I am sorry your friends are moving and that he is suffering from cancer - from fighting for our freedom. Thank him for me. Your son saves people - you have a wonderful family.

Terri D said...

Beautiful flowers and your photos are not amateurish! Nice that you could be there to see your grandson sing and dance! Always cute. The song that got you through the storm made me think of that country song "Jesus Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood. Happy weekend!!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

This was such a delightful post to read as I sit out on my back porch this Saturday morning. We have been so blessed with gorgeous early mornings and evenings so far this spring, haven't we. But the storms have ravaged our part of the state this past week, and thankfully no more fatalities than there were. Grateful for people like your son who offer help and rescue. I loved the sweet picture of the children, and yes, little boys dancing together probably can only be seen in these early years. What a shame. So sorry for your loss of these great friends. We have had these conversations with our two children of late too. Those decisions are difficult to make and accept. Have a great weekend, my friend.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The flowers are lovely. Sweet photos from the second grade children performing. So glad that you son was able to rescue those people. Sorry your friends are moving away but it sounds like it will be wonderful for them to have their family close by. That's a beautiful hanging basket. Gorgeous skies too! Your photos are beautiful....