On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesday Medley Celebrating Joe

Wednesday Medley with Terri is full of information about National Joe Day which I feel sure Terri celebrates every day! Hop over here for the questions and link up your answers with Your Friend from Florida.

NATIONAL JOE DAY

Enjoy a cup of “joe” with all of your friends named Joe, Jo, Joette, Joey, Joseph, Josephine, Johanna, Joann, Jodie or any variant of the name Joe every year on March 27th, National Joe Day.
According to the Social Security Administration, the name Joseph was ranked No. 6 from 1893 to 1899 behind John, William, James, George, and Charles. In 1910, it moved to No. 5. From 1911 to 2005 it was ranked No. 12 or lower.
There are many famous people named Joe. Just a few are:
Joe Montana Coach, American football player.
Joe Pesci Comedian, Musician Actor.
Joe Biden Politician, Lawyer.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Theatrical producer, Entrepreneur Film Producer.
Joe Namath Actor, American football player.
Joseph Stalin Politician, Soldier.
Joey Ramone Songwriter, Musician Singer-songwriter.
Shoeless Joe Jackson, Baseball player.
Joe Green, American football player
Joe Jonas, Musician
Joe DiMaggio, Baseball player, actor
Joe Cocker, Musician
Joe Frazier, Boxer
Joe Mauer, Baseball player
Joe Walsh, Musician
HOW TO OBSERVE
During our research, we found this day has a few different versions as to how it is celebrated.
1. Honor all people with the name “Joe.”
2. For the day, change your name to a name of your choice.
3. Everyone change their name to “Joe” for the day. Women and girls may use “Josephine” or “Jodie.”
Use #NationalJoeDay to post on social media.
I have a cousin named Joetta who goes by Jo, but today I think I'll be Josephine. Jo from Little Women was a strong woman with a great imagination and a heart of compassion! (Well gee, so does my cousin Jo!)
My cousin Jo is a rock star and granny JoJo to 4 little ones!

1. Who is your favorite "Joe/Jo" and what can you tell us about him or her?  
Does a cup of Joe count? (I see now this was not an original thought!)
One of my favorite Bible heroes is Joseph, who persevered under the most unjust treatment, but God was always with him. 
Closer to home, DH has a cousin named Joe and his fame is bull riding. Several years ago we saw him inducted into the Cowboy Hall of Fame. He recently shared with us that he always wore his cowboy hat to school as a kid and one teacher insisted he remove it. He told her he was going to be a cowboy someday to which she responded he never would and to remove the hat! Guess he showed her!

2.  Who were you named for and do you or did you know that person?
Connie Jeanette from both my parents, Conley and Betty Jean. I never use their names for passwords, so I don't mind sharing. People need to be careful about the quizzes on Facebook and sharing too much information.
3.  Do you have a middle name and do you like it/use it? 
I really wanted to be called by my middle name and in 4th grade, I told my new teacher that my name was Jeanette and then, of course, when she called on me, I did not answer.  
4.  Have you ever named your car?  No.  
Tell us about it, please! But I have a friend who ALWAYS names her cars. One memorable time I was riding with her and she was stopped for speeding. After answering most of the officer's questions, she was explaining to him that she had gotten carried away while talking to me and Daisy just took over. The officer wanted to know who was Daisy and he didn’t find it humorous at all that she meant the car. He did give her a ticket.
5.  Tell us the name of a fictional character you have never forgotten and why you remember it so well.
Maybe Scarlett O’Hara. Gone with the Wind was the first adult novel I read as a young girl. I know she was extremely selfish, but I always thought in spite of herself, she worked hard to keep their home and feed the family and loved her parents. Unfortunately, she didn’t care who she hurt to get things her way. Too late she learned hard lessons and now when we procrastinate, we utter that famous line, “I won’t think about that now, I’ll think about that tomorrow.”
6.  Share something random with us about your week.
As I first began to write this, we were preparing to go to the hospital for the heart procedure DH would have Tuesday afternoon. My morning was spent making sure he didn't drink any liquids or go looking for something to eat. Friday night we will be keeping our grandson Jack whom we haven’t seen for over a month! That is the longest period of time we’ve gone without seeing the kids. Kate is going on a field trip with the 4th grade to see the state capital in Austin. Austin is a lovely town, but I don’t like the way it is headed politically. Keep Austin Weird is their slogan. Very thankful we do have a conservative pro-life governor. 



Thank you, Steve. Annie loves staying at Fort Paws!!


P.S. And now, at the end of the day, the procedure is over, DH's heart is back in rhythm, and all of us are back home at rest. Annie went to visit the pet sitter just in case we were going to be at the hospital overnight.

So, I had to ask Google the question: When is National Connie Day? Google's response:

"It doesn't look like that's a national day, sorry about that :/"

Somebody better do something!!!

More to follow, I know, because a little bird told me!






10 comments:

Allstarme79 said...

I have a friend who lives in Austin - who is at best Libertarian - and she said the city is veering left. Ugh. Glad your husband's heart procedure went well.

Annsterw said...

LOL! I love that you googled National Connie Day! That is hilarious! I agree withe the sharing too much on quizzes...I think of that with every answer I type! Better safe than sorry! LOL! Annster's Domain

Mevely317 said...

Such wise counsel re. those Facebook quizzes! I'm chuckling about the car named Daisy! So sad about Austin; glad not to revisit! Congrats on your hubby's good report!

Terri D said...

I think we can make any day we want to be anything we want so make tomorrow your Connie Day!! So happy the procedure went well and hubby's heart is back in rhythm. Austin is a liberal town and has been for years, I think. My old boss lived there and loved it... he is beyond liberal! LOL There are many FB quizzes I just bypass, but I don't use any of those obvious things as passwords either. Thanks for joining the Medley today!!

Cathy said...

So glad your husband's procedure went well and I hop you have fun with the grandkid Friday. I get to go see mine in about 4-5 weeks.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Connie Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never thought about giving too much information on a game - boy this life you have to be so careful.
My car of 19 years - a 2000 Honda CRV - 183,000 - is Betsy. I hope she lasts forever. lol
Down here in GA Scarlet O'Hara is very popular.
I am so glad your DH heart is back in rhythm.
Love, sandie

NanaDiana said...

LOL-Sorry there is no Connie Day. Maybe you should protest and start one.
Fun answers and I am glad that hubby's procedure is over and that you are home and hope he is resting.
Have a good night- xo Diana

Lori said...

Oh how funny! National Connie Day! Ya know, I thought the same thing...I bet there is no National Lori Day...Hahahaha
Glad your DH is doing better! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So glad that Hubby is doing well and that the procedure is behind y'all. Keep Austin Weird, that's terrible! Happy rest of the week!

Stacy said...

Keep Austin weird? Oy. That is a prime example of what's wrong with the country.