On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Lunch with Libby

Lunch with Libby yesterday was fun! And we picked up right where we left off before, only at a different location. I don't know why I didn't think to have someone snap a pic of us together there in LeMadeleine at our table by the fireplace. We may have been simply too busy catching up. If you can't meet Libby in person, and you haven't yet discovered her blog, you can enjoy her sweet conversation and lovely posts right here.

As I thought about it on the way home, how wonderful to meet someone you just feel comfortable with and as though you've known them for years. As Anne of  Green Gables said of finding new friends, there is truly a kindred spirit there. And really, although the number of blog friends I have are very small in comparison with other bloggers, all the ones I have met through link ups and through other blogger friends have been some of the sweetest people ever! In this little cyber world, we have the chance to share feelings and memories and families and our daily happenings in life more sometimes than we do with people we see on a more regular basis. Now, that is a blessing to be thankful for! Wouldn't it be fun someday to choose a central location to have a convention?

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful was that!! I follow Libby. Yes a convention would be fun.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yes, I would love to have a blogger's "convention"...but a small group that we can really enjoy each other and giggle and hug and pray and sing and laugh. Someday. I do have the privilege of knowing your friend Libby yet...I must get to know her. She looks like a very lovely person to know. How wonderful you had that time together. Such a blessing. Yes, I love it when we find "kindred spirits" such as Anne and her bosom friend Diana.

Terri D said...

I LOVE meeting my dear blogging friends in person. It takes the friendship to a different level. I have never been disappointed! A convention does sound like a wonderful idea. I would be happy with just a dozen of us converging on a restaurant in a central location!! What fun!

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad that you feel so close - I always wondered how it would be to meet someone!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So glad that you and Libby had another chance to meet up. What fun!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I love it when God hugs me through a sweet friend. And I’m blessed it was you yesterday.