On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Laughing at Us

DH doesn't talk much anymore, so I try to engage him in conversation at mealtime or when I'm cooking dinner, or when we are in the car. The rest of the time, I just let whatever we are involved in dictate the mood and conversation. 

Yesterday, as we were driving to our grandson's soccer game, I rattled on, talking about the kids, pointing out things along the way, and expressing my thoughts about different things. At one point, I asked him if he agreed.

"Don't you agree," I asked?

"There's no future in NOT agreeing with whatever you say!"
(He did say it with a smile.)

HA! We both had a good laugh about that.


10 comments:

Mari said...

Ha!!! He's right too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a good one!!

Susie said...

Nonnie, You both had a fun laugh. It's good for our souls to laugh. Ted and I usually laugh about me telling him how to drive. He says, " I don't know how I drove all those years before I met you. " I tell him , "By the seat of your pants , that's how. " LOL Blessings to you and your sweet DH. xoxo, Susie

Saimi said...

Your plaque sums up what how my husband responds to me haha.

Karen said...

It's good to laugh! I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving week.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love it!

Terri D said...

Good man, your Jay!! LOL

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amazing, that when he DOES speak, he really has something profound to say! Bless his heart, and yours. I'm glad you both had a good laugh. Glad you wrote this down. It is a precious memory to keep. Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones near.

Chatty Crone said...

Did my hubs take lessons from your husband?

Claire Eyheramendy said...

This is ggreat