On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, November 30, 2018

Friday Foto Friends

It's Friday again, so that means another Friday Foto Friends!

I have so enjoyed the month of November and really am sorry to say good-bye! The colors have been so pretty and each day as I am out and about, I just give thanks to God for the beauty of the earth. I know there are much more beautiful places around the world to see the colors, but I am content with where we are and what I can see.



 
These are fallen leaves! Don't they somewhat look like flowers?
So colorful!

I love the way the tree looks against the bright blue sky.

I pass this house at least once a day. During the summer, this tree is very ordinary looking and really, I think it should be shaped up! But, when Fall comes, I always look forward to the change that is made because of the colors! It's amazing what a little color will do for us!


The sunrise was so pretty … it's a shame the neighbors' roof gets in the way!

Across the back yard, I love the warmth of the November brown, blue and pink colors.

Annie is so cute as she waits for us to finish dinner and guards her squeaky toy. Annie is a sweet dog, very well-behaved, but the last two nights she has awakened me in the wee hours of the morning to go outside! No! I am moving the water bowl before 7 tonight!

For several months, I have tried many times to make a cup of coffee, only to see this message looking back at me. Some days it worked, others it didn't.


I didn't mind following the instructions to clean the needle, but after having repeated the process about 5 or 6 times, I had enough. Although I ordered a regular coffee brewer for back-up, I still like being able to get one cup from this Keurig, plus I have so many K-cups on hand that would go to waste. So in my caffeine craving raving mind, I decided it was time to call Keurig. Why not? This message was clearly inviting me to do so. After explaining my problem, I was very surprised to hear from the lady in customer service that there had been problems with the series I had and it had been discontinued. Therefore, she would be happy to send me a new coffee maker, along with a couple of boxes of K-cups! What do you think about that? It arrived three days later! 

I am so impressed and delighted with the coffee!

Speaking of coffee, here is a photo of a few of the Wednesday breakfast guys (and one of the wives). This isn't all the gentlemen who attend, and in particular, the man who began this tradition a few years ago is not in the picture because he is having a really hard time going through chemotherapy and other treatments for cancer. The cancer is a result of Agent Orange which he got during the Vietnam War. We have been friends with Wilson for many years and he is one of the sweetest men I have known. I hate cancer! And I hate it that he has it as a result of his faithful service to our country.

I finally made myself get up in the attic which involved several up and down trips and boy, was I sore that evening. I'm going to do a little more … maybe … but I am satisfied with what I have. Just seeing the lights and nativity bring me joy.

Some gifts underneath should make a difference.


Tenley met Santa and looks like they got along just fine! 


And finally, one last look at Thanksgiving from six years ago.

These two got into a little dirt!!! Soooo funny!
Wow! Have they ever changed!








12 comments:

Toni said...

Such wonderful photos Nonnie, from the Autumn to the cuties I gather are your grandchildren. I love your Christmas Nativity and tree too. Have a day and weekend of blessings my friend.

Joyful said...

Lots to ponder in your post. I love your little Christmas tree twinkling in the dark and the photos of the beautiful fall foliage. It's sad about your friend who got cancer as a result of fighting for his country. It's very sad and I wish him strength to withstand all the chemo. May God help him through it all. Your little grandchildren look like they are having lots of fun doing what kids do best :-)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my...that last picture of those two little "waifs" covered with dirt...that is so cute, knowing that they are healthy, happy children...but oh my, they certainly do look pitiful! LOL. So happy the Keurig company sent you a new coffee pot! That is wonderful. We don't have one of those, but I know those who have them seem to love them, so I am happy you have been blessed with a brand new one, with coffee to boot!! What a deal! Your tree looks lovely! I know it is a lot of work, but always so worth it. I am holding off until I see if anyone of the people who are looking at our house come back with an offer to buy. I don't want to go to all that trouble to decorate the tree just to have to take it right back down and pack it all away. Your autumn leaves and scenery...and that sunset...all so lovely. Thank you for sharing with us. And the man who is suffering from cancer due to agent orange...what a sad story. So many of our brave men have suffered and died as a result of that horrible chemical. Praying for him now. Have a blessed and wonderful day and weekend.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Love the last photo of "real kids". That means they had fun. Enjoyed all your lovely photos.

Visits With Mary said...

The last picture is adorable, so 'real!' All your Christmas is very pretty, I love this time of year!! Fall was late coming to my part of the world, the leaves have just now turned to the pretty fall colors.

Cathy said...

I love your pictures. The Santa one is adorable and so is that last picture. They must have had some fun!

Love your nativity too, so very beautiful! I haven't put ours out yet. Need to get busy.

Have a great weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

The little guy on the left didn't know if he was in trouble for getting dirty or not. The nativity scene is one of my most favorite parts of Christmas. Your tree is nice. Fall is going for sure - but we are going to be 70's degrees on Monday! I do like winter here - it is really a little colder than a fall by you. Love, sandie

Terri D said...

Ha ha ha!! Looks like those kiddos were eating mud pies! Your tree looks great and I love your Nativity! Happy weekend!

Mevely317 said...

OMW, those little ones look like extras from a Les Miz street scene! Kudos to Keurig for their super customer service!

Karen said...

I'm glad you all have a great November. It was really pretty here too. December will begin with Thunderstorms for us. Have a wonderful weekend.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Leaves, lot's of leaves!! Love the colors on the trees. There are some of the most beautiful sky colors in late fall early winter. We have a single serve Keurig that we bought about 5 years ago that we love. Good thing you called! Your tree looks lovely and the nativity is beautiful. Enjoyed the picture of Tenley with Santa and the dirty faces are so darn cute!

Annie said...

Wonderful photos. I love the nativity set. So pretty. The dirty faces are so dear.
Yes that agent orange was a nightmare. Prayers for recovery. No one should have to go through that.