On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Wednesday Medley!


1. The Circleville, Ohio, Pumpkin Festival starts today. All things pumpkin are everywhere. What is your one very favorite pumpkin flavored food or drink? Do you wish it was available all year or do you only want it in the Fall?

Pumpkin pie!! No, I only want it in the Fall. The rest of the time I'll take chocolate!

2. What product would you seriously stockpile if you found out they weren't going to sell it anymore?

Funny, I can't think of a thing except no sodium Herb Ox beef bouillon packets. 

3. What is the most interesting thing you have seen online this week?

I don't know. Lots to choose from. Is Elizabeth Warren really a native American? Should Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have timed their pregnancy to happen after the big wedding? Some people apparently were angry about that. I did enjoy seeing the pictures of the princess bride and groom and all the sweet children who were in the wedding.  Avenetti turned on Stormy Daniels? What??? What passes for news these days reminds me of the old Enquirer magazines.

But I found this story to be interesting and sweet: A diabetic 6 year old boy sold pumpkins to raise money for a service dog so he wouldn't have to ride to school alone.  



https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/michigan-boy-6-sells-pumpkins-to-raise-money-for-diabetic-service-dog/ar-BBOpDWz?ocid=spartanntp

4. Is it better to be a "big fish in a small pond" or a "small fish in a big pond"?

I like being a small part of something big. Sometimes when I wondered whether what I was doing at my job mattered, I was always brought back to the big picture to see it from a different perspective. In the ministry I worked for, people's lives were touched and many were changed. If I could look at it from Heaven's perspective, my being a small fish in a big pond mattered. Many little fish working together to minister to others. And I feel the the same way about my small part in my church, and even my jobs with law firms all my 45 years, what we were doing made a difference.

5. My Joe has become obsessed with playing chess on the computer. Do you play chess? Are you good at it? I don't play chess, but DH always liked it and tried to teach me back in the day. I just couldn't get interested in it. It seemed like a good idea to get him to play chess on the computer, but he is no longer interested. Now I wish I had learned.

6. Tell us something random about your week.

Our church holds a conference every year for pastors across the nation. Pastors from small churches come for knowledge, encouragement and tools to take back home with them to help them lead their congregations. Tonight I will be helping put together 500 notebooks for each of the pastors who attend.

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Good afternoon!

I love Pumpkin Pie too!
You know I have had so many products I like end up being 'deleted' - if I see it getting harder to find or order I know they are going away,
I'd rather be a small fish in a big pond, I am VP of the District and there t=is too much pettiness going on - so when I am done next year - I just want to work with no responsibilities to make others work.
You are doing just that maybe 500 notebooks - love it - that is what i want to do!
Have a good day.
Sandie

Visits With Mary said...

I've always loved English history and I am a faithful follower of the Royal Family. Not because I think they are more 'special' than anybody else but because of the history they represent. I do think Prince Harry and Maegan could have chosen another venue to announce their big news. I think it was a very self-centered thing for them to take some of the attention away from the bride and her wedding day.

Mevely317 said...

Since Charles and Diana's engagement I've so enjoyed following the royals. Still, I agree with what Mary said about 'buttinsky-ing' onto his cousin's wedding.

You're absolutely right about what passes for news; my professor used to call it 'yellow journalism.' I'd like to see more light shed on 6 year old's pumpkin sales. :)

Annsterw said...

I love the "new" royals!! They are so adorable and both couples can do no wrong in my eyes!

annie said...

I also enjoy Pumpkin Pie and anytime of year is okay with me. I agree about the news. Its all nonsense.

Terri D said...

Wow!! 500 notebooks! That seems like a huge task for such a great gathering! Thank you for joining in on the Medley today! I enjoyed your answers and agree about all the news on the Royals this week! That young man selling pumpkins for a service dog tops them all!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love that you have been such a vital part of several "big ponds", and that God used you to make a difference in many "little fishes" lives. That really helps to put that thought into a better perspective. I was thinking I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond, but now I see the value in what you've shared, and it has helped my perspective. Some interesting news items there...I haven't been watching much news lately, so I missed most of those...I may need to get caught up. I love the story of the young boy selling the pumpkins. That is very special. I like pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and that is pretty much it for me! LOL. Have a blessed week.

Debby Ray said...

Although I do like lots of pumpkin things in the fall, like you, I have no desire to have them any other time...even pumpkin pie which I love. We can always count on the current events of the day to remind us what a crazy world we live in...I am with you 100% on the ones you mentioned...CRAZY!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, there! In a recent blog post of my own I was explaining how perplexed I was that people would visit and not comment and then I realized that I do the same thing! Awkward! So, I have decided that when I visit, I will leave a comment of some sort, if just "hi". I am a frequent reader of your blog and enjoy it but never comment so, if you see "hi", you will know it is from me! I like pumpkin pie as well, but only at this time of the year but I make pumpkin bread all year long because my granddaughter loves it!

Dianna said...

I loved your answer to #4, Connie. You definitely have the right perspective. Somehow I think being a big fish in a small pond would tend to lend itself to pride.

And I also totally agree with you about what is called "news" today. It is so pathetic.