On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Treats for Wednesday Medley ... no Tricks!

Thank you, Terri for the questions today. Join the fun with Our Friend from Florida.



1. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final person left, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer? I want to be the smart one.

2. While watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time or the person who falls asleep? I've never been a fan, so I haven't watched any scary movies for many, many years. In the last one I remember, I covered my eyes.

3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it? No, because that would say I thought I believed it to be haunted.

4. Favorite horror monster or villain? Right now the villains are on Poldark and it's a toss-up between the nasty George Warleggan and the evil vicar. At least the evil vicar got his just desserts this week and I'm sooooooo glad. Waiting for George to get his.

5. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song? Monster Mash.


6. Tell us something random about your week.

Well, here goes. Today I picked up two free books that look good at Bible study and got about a dozen free canned goods that will need to be eaten by the end of the year. (The church was cleaning out the food pantry to replace with new.) This morning Amy was taking a poll of what items we consider "must" be on the Thanksgiving menu, so since all the cans are green beans, maybe that will be part of my offering? 

Speaking of food, yesterday I had some leftover chicken and acorn squash from Sunday. I went to Pinterest to find something to make and voila! Chicken Pot Pie soup and Winter Squash Rolls! Both were delicious, even though my buns aren't that pretty!! Haha!



I wanted to get DH interested in some kind of games we can play and so I ordered a Wahoo board and marbles, which came yesterday. We played a game, and then played two rounds of gin. He liked it! Yay! So excited. Plus it's another game we can play when the kids come to visit. 


----------------------------

11 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

So funny! I think we all want to be the smart one. Enjoy your week!

Cranberry Morning said...

What is it with the Brits and the evil vicar?! It seems that so many of the mysteries I watch, the vicar is a bad guy. Have a great Wednesday!

Cranberry Morning said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy said...

I've never heard of Wahoo, but the board looks interesting. I need to check it out. Also that soup and those rolls look delicious!

Annsterw said...

That soup looks delicious and you are crazy...your rolls look delish!!! I am so hungry now! I love a good, warm, fresh baked roll!!!! YUMMY!!!

Annie said...

I'd like to be the smart one too..but... not so sure.
The food looks wonderful!
I did the meme as well. It was fun and I love reading others' answers.

Mevely317 said...

I love the reasoning behind your answer to the haunted house! Yes, that soup looks delicious … I think foods like this taste SO much better when the weather grows cold.

Debby Ray said...

It seems you and I are mutual non-fans of scary movies, :) I have tried to get in to Poldark and just have not been able to. My answer was almost Monster Mash too!

Lori said...

I love Monster Mash too! It is so much fun. I have an old Wahoo game that belinged to my Grandparents. It is super cool! It is one of those wooden boards. Loved your answers! Happy Halloween!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

Oh, I so agree with you about Poldark!! So glad the Vicar was helped to fall off his horse! Now if we could just get rid of ol' George. Thanks so much for joining in today!! I enjoyed your answers!!

Chatty Crone said...

First of all that soup looked delicious. You have the best food.

Now horror and scary movies - like the dark evil ones - FORGET IT.
I won't watch in any way, shape of form.
Years ago I watched the Exorcist - my brother and soon to be hub pushed mt into it - It was awful and I vowed to never watch another and I have not.

I will take a kiddie Halloween. Love Monster Mash!