On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday Recap

A Monday Recap seems trivial in light of all that is going on in our world these days. Our life does go on, but our hearts ache for the losses … loss of so much! May God have mercy on us!

Our weekend was quiet except for going to watch our grandson Jack play flag football on Saturday afternoon. It was about a 45 minute drive up north from us to watch the game and it was a lovely day for a drive. We saw lots of trees turning color and I really enjoyed being out in the fresh, October air. How can it be almost November? 

Jack is number 6 and played center, so his part wasn't too active. 

The weekend weather was absolutely stunning and I did get DH outside to walk maybe half a block. We will increase that every day and my intention is to no longer baby him when we go somewhere, but rather park a distance out and get him to walk. I have been dropping him off at the door, but now that his surgeries are done and the doctor has pronounced him much better, walking is the prescription. The cardiologist said that walking will help with his lung capacity and help build brain cells. That we need! Both of us. I am very thankful for the good doctors and the medical facilities we have in our area. God has truly blessed us with that.

We went to church on Sunday and had planned to go watch Brady play soccer as his team had come up for a game here. However, after church, DH just wanted to go home. This evening we will watch Kate play her last softball game, unless they do a tournament, and then we will be done with falls sports, I think.

Tomorrow evening we are going with our Monday night friends to see the Russ Taff movie, I Still Believe and I'm looking forward to that.

That's just about it for today and the weekend. My sister sent pictures of her and my niece visiting the Philbrook Museum in Tulsa this weekend. We used to go to Philbrook on field trip when I was in elementary school to get our little dose of culture. It is very nice and the grounds are lovely.

There they are standing in front of the fireplace made of books!

So colorful!

I'm not sure if the tall thing is a skinny tree or an obnoxious weed.

I hate to end on a sour note, but I think too much of my time this weekend I spent trying to figure out how to work with my new haircut or griping about it or being embarrassed over it! Ugh!!! Over a period of 25 years, I can count on one hand the number of times Kim has cut my hair and I didn't like it. This is one of them! Yes, it will grow out.

So, I will end this with these cute little pumpkins!!!






7 comments:

Annsterw said...

Those "pumpkins" are so adorable!! They are what it is all about! I worry so much for my nieces and nephews with all the craziness in the world today!

Susie said...

Nonnie, All those little cutie pies are fun to see. I hope DH gets better soon. I pray that God will give us all the strength to take care of ourselves and others. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So glad that your husband is getting better and good for you for helping him along in that area. It's easy to lose motivation if you don't have someone encouraging you along. Cute little pumkin's. Blessings abundant!

Terri D said...

A great post full of good things... except for your haircut- which will indeed grow out. I've been there too. Love the photos and I'm so glad your hubby is getting better!!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - the kids are so beautiful - you are a lucky woman! Sorry about your haircut - I have had those too. Love the lead glass window. Love, sandie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Glad you had a good weekend with sunshine and fresh air...and yes, walking is so good for our bodies and minds. We try to walk every day and it does us so much good.
Love your little kids with their pumpkin pictures...
Speaking about bad haircuts...well, I've been trying to let my hair grow out and am going to get a perm later this week so I don't have to mess with it so much. I get so tired of fussing over my hair. I usually get a perm once a year to give me a break from the lack of body my hair has developed over the years. Just a body perm, but it will be curly for a while until it loosens up. It will help me be more hair-carefree while I concentrate on selling our house and hopefully moving sometime in the not so far off future. (Please, Lord?) Have a blessed day dear friend.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The football game sounds like fun. I agree, no more dropping off at the door. My husband still wants to do that for me and I say no, I need to walk! Hope you enjoy the movie. That museum looks interesting. Looks like it might be a tree. Sorry about your haircut. The kids are adorable!!