On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Kindness From a Friend for a Happy Anniversary!

Certainly can make you feel loved! Yesterday was DH and my wedding anniversary. We really hadn't planned on doing anything and were discussing whether I would cook dinner or we would go out when I received a text from my sweet friend Alice inviting us to come for dinner last evening at their house. How could we pass up a deal like that? It was a simple meal, she said. Spaghetti squash, salad and banana cream pie. Alice is an excellent cook so I knew it would be good (even though I am not a fan of bananas in cream or pudding!) 

On the way to their place, I decided we should stop and buy a bottle of wine, which we did, and when we arrived, discovered she had already opened a bottle of red. The table was set beautifully, candles were burning, and a floral arrangement for us. 


It was truly a wonderful evening and after having a couple of glasses of wine, I may have been a little giddy and when I went to fill up Alice's glass, I poured the wine right into her glass of water!!! And that banana cream pie was DELISH!!!

Sweet, precious friends!

Ah! The simple life!!!

Thirty-one years ago, on a beautiful October day, just such as the one this day, I went to work dressed in a new, green silk dress. After trying very hard all day to concentrate on my work, I finally was able to leave at 4:00 p.m. to meet my husband-to-be and his two children, Sara, age 10 and Jason age 7. We drove over to Cedar Hill, Texas where we would be joined together in matrimony. It was just the four of us for the simple ceremony performed by my former pastor in his study, with DH's kids to be witnesses.


Afterward, we four celebrated with a wonderful dinner at the top of Reunion Tower overlooking the bright lights of Dallas. We then went to the home of one of my very dearest friends who had prepared a wedding reception for us. It was a happy day!

Happy Anniversary to us!


It's still a happy day!

We always laugh about this little saying!




11 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

That was so nice of your friend Alice! Happy Anniversary!

Linda said...

Happy Annivesary! You certainly have some of the best friends ever!!

Jan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Debby Ray said...

Happy Anniversary! And what wonderful friends you have to have done such a sweet thing for your celebration...the table was just lovely! I love the card too...oh my gosh...I need to find one like that for our next anniversary! LOL!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy anniversary to you! Love that card at the end. I think simple weddings are the best. You two still look and love wonderfully. sandie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, that was a lovely surprise on y'alls special day. I'm not a fan of banana's either but I do love the banana flavor. Have a great rest of the week!

Susie said...

Nonnie, You and DH are still very beautiful. I hope you have many more wonderful years together. I love that your friend made a nice simple dinner. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

Terri D said...

Such a sweet story! Happy anniversary!! That saying is very funny!!

Annsterw said...

Happy anniversary!!! What sweets friends you have!!! Congrats!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds perfect. Happy Anniversary!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a lovely anniversary party! Sounds like it was a lot of fun too. Congratulations on your anniversary! Every year just gets sweeter and sweeter, doesn't it? We count our blessings every day.