On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Complimentary Hodgepodge


1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? It isn't easy for me.

Share a recent compliment you've given or received.
I try to notice and compliment people I'm with, whether I know them or not. A few days ago, I was praising my friend's ability to make the best pies and pastries. She has a gift. And yesterday, I was complimenting/encouraging a friend who shows so much strength and patience in everything she goes through. 

2. Ten little things you are loving right now.

One, two, three, four




5. This coffee cup given to me by our Sara.
6. The little bluebird that was outside our bedroom window. I loved watching it because it is an eastern Bluebird and a rare thing to see around here.
7. The little devotional I found for Alzheimer's and dementia caregivers.
8. My Kindle Paperwhite.
9. A couple of good songs ... Oh My Soul, by Casting Crowns, and Captivated by Watermark.
10.A CD by Rita Springer - Battle

3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Yes. 
Do you see yourself that way? Yes. Most of the time.
I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-

Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons

Which action on the list would you say you do regularly?
Celebrate the small stuff, because sometimes the small stuff is the big stuff.
Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook?
Forgiving myself more easily.
If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?
Hang out with other positive people.

4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day? Beef stew with cornbread which we had a few days ago. Soooo yummy I invited friends over to share in the deliciousness.

5. The best part of my day is.... early morning.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I always thought of myself as a "jump right on it and get it done" kind of girl. One of my bosses said I "hit the deck running"! Somehow that doesn't seem to hold true when it comes to blogging. I don't have a problem keeping up with my journal.

So far this year, I won't say it's been a little boring, and maybe I could say it's been a little quiet, but then when it comes to dilemmas, we've had a few, so not totally quiet. So really, not a lot to write home about, as they say.

The weather has been extremely cold. Below is a sight I pass often and, of course, it is usually a waterfall.



I was thankful the rain held off until the sprinkler repairman was able to come work on the broken pipes. It was expensive, but it had to be done. Next on the agenda was the grout man coming to grout the showers. The big car had to be serviced this week. My computer kept going offline and the Geek Squad was able to fix, but then it wouldn't stay fixed. I've spent quality time with the online chatters there and it was finally resolved. We had to have a new router installed and it has been off and on ever since. We haven't been able to get together with our friends so far this year because of the flu affecting us at different times. The kids haven't come to visit either due to my being sick. Sooooooo, we will just wait and see and hope February brings a little relief.

In the meantime, I am having my good share of quiet time, reading my Bible, working on my homework, reading books and blogs here and there, and making lists of things that need attention.

I have been trying to figure out whether I should even continue to blog. Sometimes it seems a somewhat wasteful thing to do, but then, at the end of the year I have it printed and it's such a nice thing to have and look at all the events and pics of the past year and I'm reminded even more of all the good in the ordinary days' trials, triumphs and joys.

And speaking of joys, I'm "in joy" seeing the pics of my new great-nieces, Tenley and Londyn! I really, really want to see these kiddos in person for hugs and kisses.

 Londyn
 Hunter and Lincoln with new sister, Londyn.


Tenley feeling good after a bath.

So nice that technology allows us to share in watching these babies from a distance.

Tenley is my brother's granddaughter and one of the pics I saw of Tenley so reminded me of a pic of him at 3 months old.








12 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Your nieces and nephew are so darling. Tenley and her granddad look like they could be twins. Enjoy your week!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love you list of ten things you love. Wow on the waterfall! The babies and the kids are adorable.

maddie/cadesmimi said...

My blog has a little neglected, lately, too. Life has been quiet, and so have I.
Wow, that frozen water fall picture is awesome! Now that's cold!
The resemblance of those last two baby photos is remarkable!
Kathy (Reflections)

Joyce said...

What beautiful babies! I hope you manage a visit with them soon. I haven't made beef stew in ages. Hubs prefers my vegetable beef soup which is similar but not the same. Thinking I will put stew and cornbread on my menu for next week. Enjoy your day!

Susie said...

Nonnie, I love all the pictures of the kids and babies. So precious. Hope all is well there. I have been missing lots of my blog family. I love to give genuine compliments. I think if helps a persons spirits. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Cranberry Morning said...

Love those darling family photos! Sure sounds like you could use a good February!! I'd thought about having my blog printed but am afraid it would cost me a fortune with my many words and photos. I've been mostly down to blogging once a week due to the fact that sitting at the computer every day is so hard on the back. I can't imagine how long it will be before the bluebirds return to our neck of the woods. Late April, probably. Have a nice evening Nonnie. xo

Terri D said...

I would miss you so much if you were to stop blogging! Several of my blogging friends only blog once or twice a week. I'm beginning to feel the same way about posting daily because I don't have that much to say...but I keep plugging along. Love you!

Anonymous said...

What adorable littles you have there!! They are so stinking precious at that age!

Chatty Crone said...

I love all your children and babies! Well a compliment from me to you is that you seem genuine - real. You always have such a sweet answer back and know just what to say! sandie

NanaDiana said...

You are not allowed to stop blogging...lol.....nope- you can't---got it?

I hear you- I am not good at getting compliments and am way too hard on myself. I love giving out positive comments to others, too.
Those little ones are just absolutely adorable. xo Diana

Cathy said...

Love those baby pics and I hope you get to see them in person. Technology really does help with the separation though.

Debby Ray said...

Oh, such darling little ones! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers...I have also thought about printing out my blog in yearly editions. May I ask where you have yours printed and the cost? Blessings on the rest of your week!