1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'.
Trying to finish this blog before I leave for Bible Study Fellowship!
Every time I began a new job, I felt that way. And, as I try to take up the baton of tending to the business of our finances, house, and everything that pertains to that.
2. When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'?
I can't think of anywhere right now.
3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? Yes.
Why or why not?
I think the answer lies in the wisdom of several Bible verses and doing life God's way: Being content with what you have, being thankful for what you have, giving to others, helping others and you will find joy. I do like feeling happy, but I don't go looking for it. I very often simply feel happy for no reason! I love those moments.
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in it's title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.
I'll fly Away; Angel Flying too Close to the Ground by Willie Nelson. I remember reading a book as a child about a little Dutch girl who flew around in an air balloon showing a little boy all the sights of Holland.
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
Maybe cleaning the bathroom. And not sure if this counts, but yesterday time got away from me and at 3:30 I realized I needed to get dinner cooked, eaten and dishes away by 4:30. Well, 28 minutes later, this was on our plates and by 4:15, we were ready to go.
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it.
Last evening we went to watch our granddaughter play softball and, because we were going to be responsible for taking her home, were a little surprised when we discovered it would be a double header. I wondered if DH would be able to make it that long, but to my surprise, the time did fly and it was great fun to watch the second graders play ball.
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?
Anything Italian. I'm going to make a chicken penne pasta which calls for garlic. Tonight stuffed peppers which will be seasoned with garlic.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Time just flies by and this pic came up in my memories on Facebook yesterday reminding me of that very thing. He's the youngest and last of the grandkids and he will be six this week. Kinda makes me sad, but I'm happy that he is the sweetest boy and just watching his expressions bring a smile to my heart and my face.