On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spring?

Yes, we thought Spring had sprung these past few weeks, but reality hit today! Winter hasn't yet departed. It's cold, cold, windy and rain! Lots of it! And did I mention it's cold? The good news is, we can always use the rain. And, it is another chance to wear winter clothes, which I love! Sweater, boots, coat ... well, the umbrella is always a pain when you have to be in and out of the car. The wind blows the heck out of your umbrella and the hood on the coat won't stay on your head!

We have been pretty fortunate this winter not to have ice or snow. After dealing with my Trudy the past couple of winters, I had been dreading how it would be to deal with her this year. She has to be picked up and carried out to the grass where she begins the circling round and round while we watch to witness whether she actually does anything or forgets why she is out there. 

"Going in circles, don't really know
Where I have come from, where I will go
I've been through a million trips in the night
Circles.
Going in circles.
Circles."*

Slipping and sliding makes it even worse for her and me. After about 15 minutes of watching her, it then falls to me to go physically carry her back inside. Now something happens inside this old dog's head when she sees me coming to fetch her. She, who has trouble with her legs, all of a sudden reverts to puppy hood and thinks I have come to play a game of "catch me if you can" and runs like a puppy. Oh well, gotta love her and neither of us can bear the thought of putting her down as long as she eats, poops and walks. 

We are supposed to go see Kate in a program at her school tonight, however, this weather is causing these usually loyal and faithful grandparents to re-think whether we really should drive the 35 miles over there in the weather and traffic. Traffic on 75 is always a risk and especially on a day like today. Rain and darkness add to the problem.What a dilemma.


My heart is torn. What to do?



*part of the lyrics from Going in Circles

5 comments:

Terri D said...

Gosh, as much as you want to see your granddaughter in her program, staying safe so you will be there for her in years to come makes more sense. Maybe the weather got better? Just be careful out there! Your Trudy story makes me think of my friend Shirley and her Babe. Babe can't walk anymore, but still eats and poops. Shirley and Don use a harness to lift Babe outside so he can do what he needs to do, then he is happy inside on his pillow with his water and food bowl within reach of the pillow. They can't let him go. It is always hard.

Denise said...

praying for you.

Susie said...

Nonnie, I know what you are saying about trying to see what grands are doing, plays, sports and birthday parties...there comes a time when safety comes first. I could not help but laugh about your dog...that is the truth, they will do that every time. LOL. Yes, I was ready for spring...oh foolish me. LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Hatjuggler said...

LOL! I can picture you running around in the cold trying to catch her! I think the cold weather makes our animals feel frisky! Kasey always comes in excited after a stint in the cold great outdoors. What is it with the circles? Kasey goes around in a ton of circles too, trying to find the perfect spot. So what happened last night? Don't keep us in suspense! Did you stay home?

Aloha Acres said...

I hate the cold. I know I'm so blessed to live where I do for this short time, but I haven't forgotten what it's like over there! Please be safe.