On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, September 10, 2021

Pforever Thankful Friday

My intention yesterday was to do a Thankful Thursday post. But, sad to say, Thursday got away from me and this morning, I tried to think of any thankful word beginning with an F so I could do a __________ Friday!! All I could come up with was Pforever thankful Friday! The P is silent, as in pshaw, pfft, and I don't know of any others (well, there is that very familiar Pfizer word)!! I just made up the Pforever!!! But you knew that, didn't you?

I'm so thankful and grateful and this month of September reminds me of many things I have to be thankful for, although every day there is much to be grateful about and sing praise to the Lord. But this week, September 7 was the 35th anniversary of my meeting Dear Heart, and marked the beginning of many wonderful changes to my life! So thankful for the years we had together and I'll forever be grateful to a friend who insisted I go with her to learn to two-step and that my Dear Heart was there that night, too. Not a day goes by without my remembrances of my Jay, and I'm thankful for his family and me to still be connected so closely and the love we have for each other.

Forever in my heart!

This always made us laugh!

And tomorrow marks ONE YEAR since I moved and have been living here in Tulsa. There have been many events which have transpired over this past year, and I am delighted with all the new friends I have been making and the things I have had the opportunity to be involved with. Every week just seems to fly by with activities and the lonely times are fewer and further between. 

Being here closely connected with my siblings is also good and they have been my support system and fun buddies! All that I get to do I appreciate:

My family

My church

Life Group

My neighborhood and its residents

Exercise group

Volunteer Mondays

Being a member of the ladies organization supporting the Tulsa Boys Home

Being a leader in AWANAS

Bible Study Fellowship

T-Town Uke group (which just gets more and more fun)!!

pickleball,

And resuming old friendships from over 50 years ago!

So many blessings, I can't count them.

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 

1 Thess. 5:18 NASB





3 comments:

Cathy said...

Such a wonderful gratitude post. Reading it is just so encouraging. May God continue to bless you, as I know He will.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So happy to hear that you are adapting so well to your new home. God has truly blessed you...both in the past with your wonderful Jay and his family, and now with new friends (and old) and good activities that help you keep moving forward in a positive way. God is so good. Happy for you. (((hugs)))

Terri D said...

I look to you for the promise that life does indeed change and settle differently as we go day-by-day without our husbands/best friends. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. May God continue to bless you in your new location! I love that you are so busy and so connected!! xo