On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Thankful Throwback Thursday

Im having some problems here. Experimenting. I'm trying to get back in the groove with blogging, but BLOGSPOT won't let me upload pics today. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem!!! Anybody else out there? And anybody with a solution?

It's been a busy day with dentist, doctor, vet appointments and a visit from the plumber! Ta-da! Another problem resolved today. I noticed the upstairs hall bathtub faucet was cracked and loose. We are having company this week-end and several people will be using the shower in there. My fear was that the handle would break off completely rendering the shower useless or, worse, somebody would get hit with hot water straight out. (That did happen to me once long ago! It is a memory I won't ever forget and I bet my brother hasn't either since I screamed bringing the house down and him opening the door to see me naked in the shower with water shooting out of the faucet!)

The job today was so very simple and I had already purchased the parts needed from Home Depot, so those guys were in here and out in about two shakes of a lamb's tail!! They told me the normal service call was $150, but because the job was so simple, they checked with the office to see if they might do it for no charge! Thank You, God, for helping me with the day-to-day problems that arise! Since I couldn't let them go without paying, I gave them money for lunch! Fair deal!

The last year has been filled with what seem to be endless repairs and replacements. How thankful I am that we have been able to get them taken care of and had the resources to do them. 

Sooooo, I had a pic to upload of my brother and his buddies playing at the end of our street back around 1964, I'm guessing. We lived at the end of a dead end street across from a city park and rec center. There was a deep creek that ran alongside our house and we spent loads of fun times there. The banks were steep and a slick shale and I remember sliding down the hill on summer days and when the water was deep enough, skipping rocks.

Okay, late in the day, I finally think I have it resolved.









6 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Wow, what thoughtful guys to not charge you. That's awesome as plumbers are sooooo expensive!!! Happy weekend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Please don't move to Wordpress. You have to have a Wordpress account to even look at your blog there, and I have problems with that site for some reason. I can't seem to log on w/o a lot of issues. I hope you can resolve your problems here on Blogger and stay with us. So happy your plumbing problem was resolved so easily today. That is always a blessing. Maybe you can post your picture tomorrow? I hope so. I am not having any issues posting pictures on mine. Hope it is fixed by now. Have a blessed day.

Karen said...

I have problems from time to time with blogger but they usually get resolved. I tried Wordpress in the beginning and didn't like it and I'm never able to comment on the Wordpress blogs. Hope you will be able to post the pic soon.

Chatty Crone said...

I get intermittent problems with blogspot and eventually they just seem to go away. Hope you do not leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You see you get a free job and yet you gave the men money for lunch - you are wonderful!
sandie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I came back and saw that you were able to post the pictures finally! So glad you did! Love the pictures of your brothers and friends...and the last one, with the "kotex shield" is so funny. I'm sure they had no clue what that was....I love it!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, that was a busy day! That was really nice of the plumber. Cute photos, glad you got it to work. Have a wonderful weekend.